The Music

The Music

A Story by mac
"

inspired by the instumental version of "Mad World". Please tell me what i can do to make it better.

"

She sat there. Unable to move, unable to think, unable to feel. The music moved through her. Fusing with her DNA, filling her with its complex and soft melody. She wanted to cry and laugh, to get up and run, to sit and listen. Instead she slowly stood and allowed the wind to use her as an instrument.

She added her voice to the natural notes of the world around her. The sighing of the willows. The steady beat of the earth’s heart, magnified through the moan of the steam. The pounding of the water against the time tested stone. Her voice mingled with the chirping of the cricket’s, and the lullabies of the bird’s. The sun began to set, yet still she did not stop. 

She was one with IT now. This force that enthralled and entrapped her was irresistible. The notes connected to an untamable side, hidden by generations of conformity. She had transcended above the world around her, but in doing so had physically become a part of this world. 

When they found her days later, she simply looked asleep. there was still a rosy blush to her cheeks and an innocence previously unseen on her face. Nature had not ravaged her body, she looked better in fact. More vitality than she had ever had in life. So they buried her where she belonged: out in the meadow. She had lived here on the edge of town, away from the social confinements of humanity, since the day she received the letter. The letter that told her that he was never coming back. Nature had been her only companion. And a true companion it was. Never leaving, a constant force. The trees her only true friends; since people seemed to shun her very existence. And now, finally, she would join them forever.

She was buried beneath the willows, by the quite stream on a day that seemed like any other day. As the people walked away,already distracted by their mundane lives, one young child remained; standing beneath the willows and listening to the music that no one else could hear.

© 2011 mac


Author's Note

mac
tell me how to make it better please I'm on this website to improve my writing. And i realize it's very choppy, but that's just my writing style.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 9, 2011

Author

mac
mac

Redding, CA



About
my names mackenzie, and if i'm any good i'm thinking about stretching my wrist muscles as a writer... oh and i'm dyslexic so take that into account please :) more..

Writing
I hope it's you I hope it's you

A Poem by mac