Book of life

Book of life

A Poem by ♪The Girl Next Door♪
"

Kind of like the beginning of a book that I never intend to write. I wrote this when I was feeling down but felt better after writing it down. I'm not really sure where it came from. Enjoy!

"

Why do I feel this way? Can't make it stop, and part of me doesn't want to try. but i find myself trying harder and harder to write down the truth the facts the rock hard evidence. i just keep writing and keep on dreaming until suddenly *BAM* someone is so insecure that they knock me right off my feet and pull me right back down so hard i feel the glass of my dreaming window shatter along with my spirit and faith.

Takes me a while, but eventually i'm writing again, every little thing. for so long i've unknowingly feared to stop typeing, writing,recording in my book of life, but i am suprisingly unafriad. I take a break to stare out my newly repaired dreaming window and see the clouds and clumps of my thoughts rolling gently across the sky. I hear the distant crackle of lighting and the deep booming of thunder. Brainstorm.

I'm thinking so hard I forget where i am. when i wake up from my day dream, I go back to my papers, my recordings. I try hard to go back to the writing because for so long it's all I've known. but everything I see before me- all the notes, everything I worked on and worked for, I suddenly looked down at that book of my life, or the living, and had a revelation: it was all lies. The person I thought myself to be was really a fake. a fraud. I could only come to one conclusion:

I needed to start a new chapter.

© 2012 ♪The Girl Next Door♪


Author's Note

♪The Girl Next Door♪
Um.... this is my first poem/peice on this website, so please let me know if I should post more!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful poem, I got to say that the title and the pic fought my attention right away, glad I saw it. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A new chapter/ clean slate is always good once you let go of what is not you. It's a daily release of the old and becoming anew. May want to revise, other than that excellent read and write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Wonderful poem! I loved the emotions in it! So well expressed and great flow. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved the way you depicted the Brainstorm! That was awesome!
I think in life many often start new chapters, even when the one's that are in the works aren't finished. It's just the way humanity ticks I suppose. Since we are always evolving, growing and becoming something more than we were the previous day, a new clean sheet of paper looks rather appealing at times.

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
This is wonderful, Love the emotions you have expressed.
So nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


really good kenzie!!!!! ugh im so proud of you!!!!!!! XD XD ur awsome n i love u always little sis!!!!!!!!! never show the fake u!! i love u for u n neverthink different!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks dude. I promise fake me won't be coming out for a while, if ever.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it - definitely continue posting & writing (even if the one who is writing is the fake you! :D)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2012

Author

♪The Girl Next Door♪
♪The Girl Next Door♪

In The Highest Room Of The Tallest Tower, CO



About
My name's Makenzie and I'm extremely insane. If I were a super hero my super hero name would either be Captain Procrastination or Sarcastimaster. P.S. also by the way, I'm a confessed crazy cat lady. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not alone Not alone

A Poem by xSamilynnx