Tsunami day records 2011

Tsunami day records 2011

A Poem by Keoni
"

hawaiian tsunami day......2011 in my back yard

"

Sea, blue like the color of those oil paints in a new set.....beyond blue...almost black....

so perfectly susspended like one of those five finger chords.....like shel and i know of....deep, but when attacked right, sounds like a light rain in the dark night after you awaken from a sweaty draem that you cannot remember....hummm....

 

well, it for almost twenty four hours, showed us humans how unstable she can be.....

 

the news says that we had a four foot wave....but we really got several waves, maybe twenty, and the road that leads me to the beach i was raised in was under water, and this is at least fifteen feet above sea level.

 

a house, huge, maybe two or three thousand square feet, and two or three stories high, anchored to the solid rock with concrete pillars, two feet wide.....finally sank in the middle of the deep blue bay......littering the sea bed and posing all sorts of hazzards and risks, and poisoning the reef and the sealife.....

 

but, sparing simple things like a flower necklace about ten feet from the shore.....

 

rocks that were laid in place to walk on to get to the sea were still right where they were placed years ago.....only feet away from the shore.....

 

a small swamp like paddy in the back of the beach, was refilled with sea water, it lays below the peak of the beach, so i can see where the swamp originated from since the water remains........a small forest of baby papaya trees, stands strong....next to the heiau....( a rock wall like structure in wich ancient hawaiian government would find safety from invading armies with the cliff on one side and the sea to the west, and the twenty or so feet high pyramid like structure, untouched........but the house, that was buitl to withstand natures fury, seemed like her target.......she won, and get this, not a single person was injured from this lashing of waves........not a soul.

 

today as i played my guitar by the sea, i wondered how it must have loked like, and sounded, as the sea recessed and attacked over and again......muck like a trainwreck.....

 

of course nothing compared to japan, we all feel blessed, spared, lucky, and wary, of when and where she may come ashore again......

 

water, did all this......water, so tame, and so soft, but so wild and alive.....gotta go...aloha

© 2011 Keoni


Author's Note

Keoni
true words from hawaii.....waves.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

by the way i know that a few of my words are a bit dislexic, backasswards, so be it.......aloha......k

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011

Author

Keoni
Keoni

honaunau, HI



About
born in hawaii, still here, i love it.....the ocean, the woods, the spirit....the Mana~ its here that i live in the path of my forefathers.....and mothers. many things exist to my eyes that only i se.. more..

Writing
feeling naked feeling naked

A Poem by Keoni