Mr. Fox in the Land of the Frogs

Mr. Fox in the Land of the Frogs

A Story by khalid
"

smart fox, silly frogs

"

Mr fox in the land of the frogs

    In a rainy forest there lived a variety of animals who lived under the law of the forest. The animals were divided into three classes: the wild, but strong animals, including lions,  tigers, wolves, etc...The second class was comprised of the weaker animals like rabbits, deer, rats, etc...What about the third class?  Who belongs here?  Only one animal!  The fox.  This animal is not strong by itself, but it could control the strong wild animals!  That's because it was so smart, but at the same time, it was dishonest, tricky and a liar!  In order to live, it didn't care if others died!  Perhaps he was happier if others died so he can enjoy the whole forest to himself!  He thought it was the best in the woods.  No other animals can compare with his superiority!  This thought made him never settle because he thought there was no place in the woods that matched his superiority.  But day after day, he got tired of moving, so he decided to settle for some time.  It started to look for a place but all the forest was inhabited at that time. 


        So, it went to Mr. Wolf and asked him, "Sir, you know that I've been homeless for years, and i know you are the most generous one in this forest so i came to you. Also, I know that you are the king here! So, if you let me live in a part of your land, I will be very grateful. Moreover, we can be a great alliance that can conquer this world.  You with your power and I with my intelligence!"
        Mr. Wolf thought for a while and said, "Okay.  You can live in my lands but if i hear that you ever helped anyone else, I will kill you!"
        The fox laughed loudly and said, "Help others! Are you joking, sir?  You are my hero. You're the only one i trust.  I am in your service only.  Just try me!"
        The wolf nodded, "Okay, you can live here."

    Time passed and the fox was acting as a servant for the wolf while the wolf was protecting him
    But one day, the fox came to the wolf and said, "Sir, why does Mr. Lion think he is the king of the forest? I think you must  be the king! You are smarter, more generous and the other animals love you more!  Why don't you challenge him to a fight in front of the other animals and become the king after you win? "
        The wolf said, "But I think he is stronger than me! How can I beat him?"
        The fox said, "Oh, sir! Don't say that! I am sure you can win. I will help you. I can give him something to drink that will make him sleepy during the fight so you can easily win!"
        The wolf said, "Oh, really? Can you? I hope you really can.  I will make you my minister if I become king!"
        The wolf started to do as the fox told him.  He invited the other animals to attend the fight and decided a day for it.

    A day before the battle, Mrs. Wolf came to her husband, running and shouting, "Did you hear about the deal between the fox and the lion?"
        "What deal?"  He asked.
        "The fox told the lion that you are greedy and you want to become king.  He told him that you asked the fox to put something in his drink before the battle and that you would make him your minister if you became king.  He told him that he refused to betray him so the lion thanked him for his loyalty and asked him what he wanted in return.  The fox told him that he couldn't stay with him anymore and asked the lion to give him the land of frogs to reside in.  The lion promised it to him!

    On the afternoon of the day of the battle, animals came from all over to see the battle that would draw the map of the authority in the forest.
        "Who do you think will be our next king?" asked the giraffe.
        "I think the wolf will be," answered the donkey.
        "You donkeys think that because wolves are your hunters, they are the strongest.   The lion is so much stronger! Have you ever seen a wolf beat a lion?" the tiger said.

    Most of the animals supporting the lion were sure that he would  win, while a few supported the wolf.
        The lion's supporters were shouting, "Lion! Lion! Lion!"
        the wolf's supporters were shouting "Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!"

    The two competitors came to the land of the race.  The wolf appeared afraid, his legs shaking in fear. The lion appeared more confident.  Mr. Tiger, the judge, told them that they can start the fight.  At that time, the  wolf got even more scared.
        He said loudly, "Oh, my king, Mr. Lion, please forgive me.  I know that you are a very good and noble king, so please forgive me."
     The lion heard some animals asking him to kill the wolf, while some others were asking for him to give forgiveness.  After a short time he decided that he would forgive the wolf on one condition.  He said, "I will let you live but you are not allowed to leave your land for ten years.  If I hear that you went out of your land for a while, you will never see it again because you will be dead."

    The animals shouted the lion's name, saying, "Long live our king that he can forgive everything."
   
    The wolf left and the animals were throwing things at him.  The lion appeared with the fox as if they were old friends.  The lion then told the fox that he decided to give him the land of frogs. and declared in front of all animals that Mr. Fox is his closest friend.  He is also under the lion's army protection. The animals looked surprised but they said that they would accept whatever their king decided.  But at the same time there were some side inquiries about why the fox chose the land of the frogs.  Some say that the reason will be divulged later and that it is not their business.  Since when can they talk about policy!
   
        The land of the frogs: this part of the forest is the land of small peaceful animals. It is a very common area.  At the outset you know what kind of animals live here.  Animals here live in small cantons close to each other.  The land of rabbits is close to the land of cats which is close to the land of rats.  You can easily notice how poor this area is.  Trees here aren't as tall as those in the land of strong animals.  Even the plants aren't tall.  Only one area is really distinguish them because it is on the river bank.  Animals like to pass through but they don't like to settle on it because it is the animals' path to the river when they go to drink or bathe.  In this area, the only one who loved to live there was the frog, who thought it was the best place.

        It was midnight when Mr. Fox arrived at the land of frogs. He stood on the borders and started to exclaim how wonderful this land is, how green, calm and had the purest air you can smell.  It has the advantage of being situated between land and water.  You could swim and grow plants in the water!  It is truly paradise.  I can't even find suitable words to describe how wonderful it is.  I want it to be mine forever and only mine.  I don't want to share it with anyone else, thought the fox.
       
        Suddenly, while the fox was in deep thought and imagining the place, he jumped up in fear.  A loud voice interrupted his thoughts.  It was the voice of a frog!  The fox discovered that his foot was stepping on a sleeping frog.  The frog started to shout in pain.  Although the fox knew he was causing the frog pain, he started to move his foot away slowly as if he enjoyed causing the frog pain.  He wanted to punish it because it shouted and disturbed him.  Or, perhaps, it was because there was another soul on  the land he did not want to share.  He started to shout, "Oh, foolish frogs!  You are very  tiny but you have very loud and noisy voices.

        A smile slowly creeped up on to the fox's face.  He turned to the frog and said, "Hi, my friend!  Have you gotten the good news?  I will be your neighbor here!  Your companion.  Your mate.  I am sure you will happier now.  We can live happily here together but i have some conditions.  If you want to live in peace here with me, the first thing is, we must divide the land  according to body size.  I think I am hundreds of times your body size so you get only a small part. Secondly, you have to stop being so noisy.  I love calmness because, as you know, I am a thinking man!"  The frog was speechless, shocked at what he was hearing.

        After a week, the frog went to complain to his friends and neighbors.  There is a  council comprised of the weak animals, namely, rabbits, frogs, rats, cats, etc...These are the animals from the poor side of the forest.  The council decided to take the frog's complaint to the chiefs of the forest.  Mr. Rabbit is the acting representative for the chiefs council.  So they sent him to make the complaint there.  Mr. Rabbit did his best to get the council's sympathy for the frog, but in vain!  Moreover, he sensed the councils' sympathies were with the fox.

        Mr. Lion, the king declared, "What a pity! The fox is the smartest animal, he has a very superior mind, but he can't use it well because of the frogs' noisy voices.  Why don't you let him live in peace?  It is his own land!"  Of course the other members in the council could not cross the king's word, so they agreed with him and kept their opinions to themselves.

        The fox felt threatened because of the unity of these gathering animals.  He decided to do something to weaken  it. He proceeded to go to the Rabbit's Land to meet Mr. Rabbit.  The rest of the  rabbits showed no enthusiasm in welcoming him to their land.  However, some said "Let's meet the man and hear what he has to say!  Maybe he wants to make peace with the frogs  through us.  We have nothing to lose by hearing what he has to say."  Then the rabbits decided to send him an invitation.

        Mr. Fox arrived in the Rabbit's Land bearing different kinds of carrots, cabbages, and even some drilling tools!  He started his talk, explaining that he chose to settle in the land of the frogs because he is looking for good neighbors such as the good rabbits.  And when he was asked why he chose the land of frogs and not the land of rats, as the land of rabbits lay between those two lands.  Either one he chooses he will still be neighbors with the rabbits.  The fox said, "You know that we foxes, have historical memories in the land of the frogs!"  And when he was asked what memories, he replied,"All animals know that my great grandfather, Mr. Fox, the Father, passed on the land of frogs when he wanted to drink from the river.  We are sure  that his footprints are still there, and we are looking for them! Anyway, let's talk about the main reason of my visit."

        "Okay, tell us about it," said Mr. Rabbit.

        "I really came here because I love you.  You are my favorite animal!  You look so clean and white.  I love that!  Moreover, you are very delicious!  Ha ha ha, joke!  Okay, the reason why i came here is that you are in real danger!"

        "What danger?" asked Mr. Rabbit."

        "Okay. I heard Frogs say that they will kill you!  They say that you make tunnels under their land, and that you don't have the right to do that.  They say they will dig in their land until they reach your tunnels and fill them with water while you are asleep so they can kill you,"   said the fox.

    "Oh, really?  Silly frogs!  We have always supported them in all issues and they want to commit such an atrocity?  You know, our babies are down there in those tunnels.  Frogs must be punished for that! It's not enough we can't sleep because of their loud voices, but they want to kill us, too?  It is war then.  We have to kill them before they kill us!" Mr. Rabbit said.

        "Oh, no!  Rabbits don't do that.  You are known to be the symbol of peace in the forest!  You can overcome frogs without fighting them.  If you attack frogs, all the animals will turn against you and accuse you of starting the war," the fox said.

        "Yes, you are right.  So, what do you advise us to do?" said Mr. Rabbit.
       
         "Okay, I think it would be wise to complain to the forest council and tell them the evils that the frogs are going to commit.  As for me, I will be a good supporter for you, because as you know, all five members of the forest council are my close friends, especially the head of the council, my friend, Mr. Lion," said the fox.

        "I think that is  the right decision.  We will do that and we are very grateful to you, Mr. Fox.  I don't know what we would do if you weren't on our side.  You really are our closest friend!" exclaimed Mr. Rabbit.

        Back to the frog's land went the fox.  He was so proud of what he had achieved on his visit to the Rabbit's land.  The frogs saw him singing and dancing and were amazed because he'd be angry every time he saw them.

        "May I know what makes you so happy like this?" asked one of the frogs.

        "Oh!  I have taken a pill.  This pill makes me so happy!  Would you like to try one?  It tastes very sweet.  I have pills with different flavors: strawberries, apples...It is free only for my close friends like you.  Take this and tell me what your opinion is," said the fox, while giving a pill to the frog.  The frog took the pill fast.

        On the next day, the frog came to Mr. Fox, and asked him for another pill.

        "Oh, did you like it?," asked Mr. Fox.

        "Oh, yes.  Very much.  Please, I want one more," said the frog.
   
        "Oh, sure.  You can take more than one to give to your close friends.  It is a gift from me to you, my close friend!"  said Mr. Fox, while giving a handful of pills to the frog.  The frog distributed the pills  to his friends, and soon, most of them came under the influence of drugs. Therefore frog citizens are divided into two groups, those who are loyal to Mr. Fox, always at his side and ready to fight for him, and those who are against him  and think he has usurped their lands.  The fox, with the help of his supporters started to be cruel to those who were against him.  They started to punish them everywhere.

        In previous times, Mr. Elephant played a great role in supporting weak animals.  He thought they were of the same species because they are vegetarians like him.  But now, it is said that he is busy dieting.  Anyway in two years he has lost a kilogram of his weight.  The doctor asked him to stop eating fats.  The elephant put his leg on the doctor, stepped on him, made him like a pie when he told him that.

        "Fats! Silly doctor! I don't know how fats taste.  I have never tried to eat fats and still I am fat while other wild animals always eat fats and they have slim bodies."  After that accident the elephant was sentenced to five years in prison for killing a doctor.

        The anti-fox frogs went to the second chief, Mrs. Giraffe.  They told her about the bad treatment they face from the fox and that he captured their lands.  On top of that, he spread drugs amongst the youths of frogs.  They told her about the expected war between them and the rabbits, too.  Mrs. Giraffe told them that she will call an urgent meeting for the members of vegetarian animals council to discuss these issues.  But first they will need to discuss it with her government to see what they may say.

        The group of frogs left the Giraffes' land hoping they will support their fair case.  Mrs. Giraffe wanted to discuss the subject with her government.  She arranged an urgent meeting with the ministers council.  She said that they can't keep silent while their brothers and sisters in the land of the  frogs are facing starvation, terrorism, and all aspects of inhumane treatment. She told them that she has decided to ask for an urgent meeting with "All Animals Union" next week to put an end to what Mr. Fox 's atrocities against the frogs.  But while Mrs. Giraffe declared that, her prime minister asked for permission to say something.  After getting permission, he said, "I don't think we can call an urgent meeting with All Animals Union without informing Mr. Lion about what we have decided.  I think this will look bad for the giraffe community!"  Mrs. Giraffe was thinking for a while, but was speechless.  The meeting ended without a clear decision.

        The rabbits decided to wage war against the frogs.  "We have to kill them before they kill us," said one of the rabbits while they were preparing for battle. 
        "We must use trickery to beat them.  We must keep in mind their strengths and weak points," said the leader of the rabbits' army.

        "Oh, sir, we shouldn't forget that they can jump, hop and have loud voices." said one of the leader's assistants.

        "Don't be silly! Nothing of these things scare us.  They can jump and hop but they are small and slow.  We are bigger, stronger and faster.  Concerning their loud voice, everyone knows it is useless!  And, we, rabbits, because we are their neighbors, are most used to their loud voices. Voices don't kill.  Voice never injures!" replied the leader.  Then the army started to move towards the frogs land.

        The frogs' investigation forces got the news about the movement of the rabbits' forces.  They hurried to tell Mr. Frog, who then gathered the heads of the country.  He encouraged his citizens to do their best and be brave defending their homeland.  They vowed that they would die for the sake of their country.  He got great satisfaction from this.  They began to make walls around their land to stop the rabbits' advance.  "We don't want to fight them.  They are our cousins.  All we want is to prevent them from conquering our lands!" exclaimed one of the frogs.

        The rabbits arrived at the wall of the borders, looked at the wall and wondered what they could do.  It is a high wall.  Rabbits don't like climbing.  What to do?  Should the rabbits insist on the war or should they go back to their land?  Now, only this wall separates the angry forces.

        Mr. Fox came accompanied by some of his loyal frogs greeted the frogs' forces.  He told them that he can't interfere because it is a family problem.  He told them how bad and greedy the rabbits are.  He told them how to conquer the land of their cousins.  He said he will try to negotiate with the rabbits and ask them to return to their land so peace can be restored.  Mr. Fox crossed the wall to the rabbits' land.  The rabbits were happy when they saw him.  He waved to in greeting. "Silly frogs. Really.  They made a wall to stop the advance of rabbits.  They don't know that rabbits prefer to go in tunnels.  Frogs have nothing but loud dirty voices."

        "Yes, you are right Mr. Fox!  We have already started to make tunnels and in a short time we will be in their lands," said Mr. Rabbit.

        To which Mr. Fox retorted, "I will rest in your lands these days while you are at war."

        "Sure, you feel right at home, Mr. Fox," said Mr. Rabbit.

        The fox, smiling said "I really do feel that I am home."

        The rabbits crossed the tunnels, the battle began and the fox captured the rabbits' land too!  The fox was thinking, "I started the fight between the rabbits and the frogs.  I hope they kill each other so I can have all this land for myself.

        The fox remained in the land of rabbits, and began building different facilities.  He built a home for himself with the help of his loyal frogs.  They supplied the home with water and other facilities.  One of his loyalists asked him what right he had to some of the rabbits' land.

 He answered that the rabbits were the ones who incited the attack on his own land.  Moreover, if he were to ask the All Animal Council to judge this issue, they would support him.  And if it was revealed that it was him who told the rabbits about the frogs' desire to kill them by digging the rabbits' tunnels, he would deny it.  The rabbits would now have cause of conquering his land.  And now they know that he will not stay silent while all this is happening.  He said he would go to the Council and tell them what the rabbits had done.  As a result the council would give them a cruel punishment.

        In order to escape from all of this, the rabbits wanted the world to know that it was the frogs who instigated the war and wanted to kill them so the frogs could defend themselves.  Surely, the frogs did not try to harm any rabbits.  They didn't even want war.  The frogs sent the fox to negotiate with the rabbits but they wouldn't listen.  The fox, at the beginning of the war, implored the rabbits, "Please, rabbits, frogs are your cousins and neighbors.  Don't fight one another for many of you will be killed.  Let peace be restored to our forest."  But the rabbits wouldn't listen.  They said they wanted to stop the frogs' loud voices forever.  The forest would then be tranquil without those awful voices.

        The fox continued to try  to stop this war before it became worse, however, he surmised that his efforts would be useless.  He didn't know why both rabbits and frogs made him feel alienated from them.  However, being a peacemaker, the fox would continue his efforts.

        Meanwhile, back to the war, the rabbits dug the tunnels  which led them to the frogs' land.  It took them three months to reach their land.  The frogs had been expecting to find the rabbits jumping the wall they made but were shocked to see rabbit soldiers approaching from underneath their feet.  The frogs were speechless and paralyzed.  They began using their regular voices.  Rabbits started killing frogs. 

        "Anyone making this voice will be killed," the leader of the rabbits' troops.  "If you want to be safe, remain home at dusk and do not come out until sunrise.  Anyone who does not follow this curfew will be killed..  Get to your homes fast.  And remember, remain home without making voices or your lives will be endangered."

        Frogs started going home after they had buried their dead and carried the injured to the hospitals.  That was the worst day in the history of the frogs.  They went home.  Nobody could eat or sleep, the kids were crying.  They had to prevent their children from crying for fear that they may be killed as they had been told.  It was a really awful life.  The frogs felt that death was so much better than this. "We can't even talk, shout or cry to express our sadness!" they cried.

        Mr. Fox made a complaint with the All Animals Council, accusing the rabbits of attacking his own land and the land of the frogs.  In a call with Mr. Frog, the fox said, "I am on your side.  I will support you until you get your freedom back."

        "Thank you for your support, Mr. Fox, we will never forget it!" replied Mr. Frog.

        The council was in session discussing the attack of rabbits on the land of frogs.  They decided that if the rabbits don't evacuate of their own volition, the All Animal Council will remove them by force.  But there was one condition: the vegetarian animal organization had to be in accord with the council with this process.    The condition was that they had to provide enough food for the council forces.  These forces are carnivorous and therefore, members of the vegetarian organization would have to be sacrificed in order to feed them.  That was the main condition, and if the vegetarian organization would accept it, details would be discussed later concerning how many victims from every species would be presented.  Mr. Lion, the king, said he would take half the number of victims presented by the organization for himself and his citizens.  It was settled on the lion's terms.

       "How long would the liberation process take?  We need to know how many victims are to be presented and if we can produce this number or not" said the chief of the vegetarian animals organization.

        "We don't know how long it will take.  Rabbits have long nails, as you know, so the process is not easy.  But we promise to leave as soon as frogs land becomes liberated and frogs get their legal rights in their own land according to the international laws," replied the chief of the All Animals Council.

        In order for the rabbits to leave the land of frogs, the council decided to stop all kinds of supplies to them.  No food or drink were allowed to enter this land.  None of them could leave or enter the frogs land.  The council declared that they don't want to get them out by force and that there must be  peaceful ways so no innocents would be killed.  After three months of presenting victims of vegetarian animals to the forces of the council, some deer saw that the council forces were allowing supplies to enter from time to time.  This deer went to tell the vegetarian animals organization.  The organization held a meeting to discuss this issue.  At the end of a long meeting, the decision was to prolong the war if the council forces were really breaking the law. The committee decided that they need not less than a month to find out about that dangerous issue.  It was also decided four other committees were formed.  The first to be sure that there were really supplies being allowed to enter.  The second is to check to see what supplies and contraband are allowed to enter.  The third, to find out from which border were these supplies permitted to enter.  The fourth is to follow what the other committees have achieved.
        The month was over but neither committee had given the report and the rabbits had yet to vacate the land of the frogs.  The only change was in the council forces.  The change was the increasing demands that the council forces were enforcing on the vegetarian organization.  After a long period of research, there was much discussion, analysis, and summary. The committee issued the final report at last. It acknowledged that  all the animals in the forest were really allowing food to enter surreptitiously at the borders.  It remained unknown what supplies were being given to the rabbits.  The committee sent the report to the vegetarian animals organization to be discussed.  The organization ascertained that the forces only want to prolong the war in order for the forces to accept what they were offering to them.  However, the vegetarian organization purported that there were so many victims presented already.

        "You know?  I really wonder, has anyone ever seen a lion eating a tiger?  Or a wolf eating a fox?  I have never seen that.  But you can see a lion eating a deer, or a tiger eating a zebra, or a wolf eating a sheep, or a fox eating a hen.  Why is that?" wondered the Mr. Sheep.  "The reason is clear, dear.  They don't eat each other because they fear each other, while we fear them all.  You can imagine what may happen if a lion attacks a herd of deer.  They will all run in front of him and he runs behind them picking one to hunt.  When he catches one, will the others come to her rescue or until he lets her go?  This is the real difference.  If we want power which all others fear and respect, the only way is to form a union.  We should become one body.  Together we will be strong.  We will be respected.  We will be masters not slaves like we are now.   We will be able to solve our own problems without the need of  interference of all animals councils.  We can make our organization stronger and then it will be responsible for solving all the problems amongst the members of the new alliance.  We have many advantages because our lands are close to the river and most of our animals need to pass through it if they want to drink.  We have good weather because we are closer to the river, We have enough food if we exchange accordingly to the needs of each species. For instance, deer grow carrots on their land but they don't eat carrots, so they could exchange them for grass from the land of rabbits, and so on."

        "Umm...no!  This can never happen.  My land is the wealthiest among you.  We are all not equal.  We produce so many more products.  My land produces rare crops like corn, wheat and sugar cane.  How can any of them equal my crops?  I must exchange my crops for carrots or grass?  This is really unfair.  This unacceptable,"  commented the deer.

    Again, the meeting ended without making a clear decision.  The forces of the animal council were still surrounding the land of rabbits and frogs.  The rabbits still occupied the land of the frogs and the vegetarian animals organization is still smuggling food for their forces.  The only one who makes out ahead is Mr. Fox! 

        Meanwhile the vegetarian animals are living in misery.  They are unable to solve the simplest problem that they face.  Wild animals are using them for food, service, clothes.  Some of the vegetarian animals discovered that the answer to the problem is power.  If they had power they would get justice and freedom.  However, they are weak animals.   The only way to gain respect is by gaining power. To achieve this, it is imperative that they unite because there is power in numbers. 
        There were talks going around that the most noble, generous  and the fastest steed. was participating in the unified animal forces and organization in the forest to be able to implore the animals to collectively unite.  The vegetarian animals who were powerful are all part of the unification project  The vegetarian animals only asked for their legal  rights and face the threats of the adversary..  Mr. Horse's reputation soon preceded him throughout the land.  Many different animals were entering the union.  After uniting tens of different nations of vegetarian animals, he started to solve the problems between the frogs and the rabbits. Iit was very simple.  He invited Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Frog to a meeting where he asked them the reason for this fight.  Mr. Frog told him the reason was that the frogs make very loud, noisy voices especially at night while rabbits are sleeping.  When Mr. Horse asked Mr. Frog about the source of information he acquired that the rabbits were trying to kill the frogs, he told him that Mr. Fox was the  informant.  And when he asked Mr. Rabbit how he acquired information about the frogs trying to make the rabbits leave their land by making loud voices he told him Mr. Fox gave them that information.

            Now, Mr. Horse has seen the picture.  He understood Mr. Fox's plan to incite war between rabbits and frogs.  Mr. Rabbit explained why they dig tunnels, telling them that this was a way of life for them.  They live and keep their babies underground.  He also said that rabbits never intended to cause harm to the frogs.  Frogs also also said that they never wanted to cause any harm to the rabbits, and that they would never prevent  rabbits from reaching water.  Both rabbits and frogs understood, and were able to make peace with one another.  Mr. Rabbit promised that they will evacuate from the frogs lands as soon as possible.

            Mr. Horse invited all vegetarian animals to a meeting in which they would discuss the right of frogs to live in their own land and liberate them from all foxes. All heads of species attended the meeting.  They decided to make a plan to liberate the frogs lands.  But the problem was not just the foxes.

             "But the problem is not just the foxes,"  said Mr. Frog.
           
             "Yes, most wild animals support foxes including lions, tigers, wolves, dogs..." said Mr. Deer.
            
            "But if we unite and become one, no other forces will face us!" exclaimed Mr. Horse.

            "So what is your plan, Mr. Horse?"  asked Mr. Giraffe.

            "Okay. I will tell you about my plan.  I want frogs to keep making that loud voice they are known to do.  Not only that, but i want them to make it louder and louder.  I want it to be the loudest at night, then we can keep digging the ground under their feet" added Mr. Rabbit."

            "But what about the wild animal forces surrounding the land of rabbits?  We are sure they will support the foxes so we must be prepared to fight against them all," averred Mr. Monkey.

            "Yes, I am going to make a plan contingent upon upon the abilities of each species,"  declared Mr. Horse.

            Frogs commenced what the vegetarian animal council had agreed upon.  They continuously made loud voices, especially late at night, until the foxes got (bored?) and enraged.  Foxes immediately started to fight the frogs.  Other vegetarian animals began to reinforce the frogs.  Foxes told the wild animals what was going on, and they lent their support to the foxes.  Now the whole forest was at war:  the vegetarian animals against the wild animals.  It is a 'do or die'  war for the vegetarian animals.  If they win they will get their freedom and respect so they could enoy the wealth they have in their own lands.  They can even regain their self-respect.So, the vegetarian animals promised to go over and beyond, not only for their owns sake but for the sake of their sons and grandsons.  The monkeys jumped on the tops of trees and threw nuts on wild animals force's heads.  Giraffes played a great role in the investigation.  Rabbits started to dig tunnels  so forces of the wild animals would fall down when they encountered them.  Frogs were making very loud voices to frighten the soldiers.  Elephants stood in line to make a fort in front of the forces.  Deer were ready to make fast attacks on the troops by fast his from front and back.  Horses were ready for the main attack, that is to lead the force of all vegetarian animals for combat with the forces of wild animals to end the war once and for all.

            The vegetarian animals had strong wills which help them become victorious and win respectability.  All were fearless in the face of death inspired by their noble aim.  Wild animals felt the change in the vegetarian animals' behavior.  When some lions tried to attack deer, the monkeys would throw pineapples on their heads until they got injured and stop their attack.

            After a week of war, wild animals discovered that they could not beat vegetarian animals.  They started to withdraw their troops and returned to their own lands.  Vegetarian animals have, for the first time, won a battle!  They were able to oust the foxes from frogs land forever.  Oh dreams have come true due to cooperation and hard work.

            Vegetarian animals began to celebrate the historical victory.  They made Mr. Horse their leader of all vegetarian animals federation, and have become a respectable nation.


   

 


 

Mr. Fox in the Land of the Frogs       
    In a rainy forest, with a variety of animals which lived under the law of forest,  animals were divided into three classes; the wild strong animals, including lions, tigers, wolves, …etc, the weak animals like rabbits, deer, rats, ..etc. but what about the third class? Who is in it? Only one animal! This animal is not strong by itself, but it could control the strong wild animals! That’s because it was so smart but at the same time, it was dishonest, liar and tricky! In order to live, it didn’t care if others died! Or, maybe it got happier if others died so it can enjoy all the forest! It thought it’s the best in the wood! No other animals are compared with its superiority! this thought made him never settle because it thought no place in the wood match its superiority! But day after day, it got tired of moving, so it decided to settle for some time. It started to look for a place but all the forest was inhabited at that time. So, it went to Mr. wolf and asked him " sir, you know that I'm homeless for years, and I know you are the most generous one in this forest so I came to you, also, I know you are the king here! So, if u let me live in a part of your land, I will be very grateful! Moreover, we can be a great couple which can conquer this world! You with your power and I with my intelligence!" Mr. wolf thought for a while and said "it's ok, you can live in my lands but if I heard you ever helped anyone else, I will kill you!" the fox laughed loudly and said " help others! Are you joking sir? You are my hero! Only you I can trust! Only you I can help! Just try me!" the wolf nodded "ok, you can live here"time passed, the fox was behaving like a servant for the wolf while the wolf was protecting him. But one day, the fox came to the wolf and said: sir, why does Mr. lion think he is the king of the forest?! I think you must be the king! You are more smart, more generous and other animals love you more! Why don’t you ask him for a fight in front of other animals and you become the king after you win?!" the wolf" but I think its stronger than me! How can I beat him?" the fox" oh sir! Don’t say that! I'm sure you can win! I will help you! I can give him something to drink that makes him sleepy during the fight so you can easily win!" the wolf" oh really? can you? I hope you really can! I will make you my minister if I become the king!" the wolf started to do like the fox told him, he invited other animals to attend the fight and decided a day for it. A day before the battle; Mrs. wolf came to her husband running and shouting " did you hear about the deal between the fox and the lion?" Mr. wolf" what deal?" Mrs. wolf" the fox told the lion that you are greedy and you want to become the king. He told him that you asked him to put something in the drink before the battle and that you will make him your minister if you became the king. He told him that he refused to betray him so the lion thanked him for his loyalty and asked him what he can give as return, the fox told him he can't live any more with you and asked the lion to give him the land of frogs to live in. the lion promised him of it! " The day of the battle; in the afternoon, animals came from everywhere to see the battle which will draw the map of the authority in the forest. " who do you think will be our next king?" said the giraffe. " I think the wolf can be" answered the donkey. " you donkeys think that because wolves are your hunters so you think they are the strongest! The lion is so much more stronger! Have you ever see a wolf beaten a lion?!" said the tiger.   Most of the animals supporting the lion were  sure that he will win while few number of animals were supporting the wolf. Lion's supporters shouting " lion , lion, lion" while wolf's supporters shouting , wolf wolf wolf" the two competitors came to the land of the race, the wolf appeared more afraid, his legs were shaking with fear. The lion appeared more confident . Mr. Tiger, the judge, told them that they can start the fight. At that time, the wolf got more scared , he said loudly" oh My King Mr. Lion, Please forgive me, I know that you are very good noble king so please forgive me please. The lion heard some animals asking him to kill Mr.  Lion while some others asking his forgiveness. After short time he decided that he will forgive the wolf with one condition, I will let you live but you are not allowed to leave your land for ten years! If I heard that you went out from your land for a while, you will never see it again because you will be dead then. The animals shouted saying the Lion's name, " long live our king, he can forgive everything", the wolf left while animals throwing things on it, the lion appeared with the fox as if he is his old friend, the lion told the fox that he decided to give him the land of frogs. And declared in front of all animals that Mr. Fox is his closest friend, he is under the lions' army protection. Animals looked surprised but they said that they accept whatever their king decide! But at the same time there were some side enquiries about why the fox chose the land of frogs! Some say that the reason will be declared later and that it is their business for since when can they talk about policy! the land of the frogs; this part of the forest is land of small peaceful animals. It is very common area. From the first look you can know what kind of animals live here. Animals here live in small cantons close to each other. The land of rabbits close to the land of cats then the land of rats,…. You can easily notice how much poor this area is. Trees here aren’t very high like those in the land of strong animals. Even plants are not that high! Only one area is really distinguished because it is on the river bank. Animals like to pass on it but they don’t like to settle in it because it is animals' path to the river when they go to drink or bath. In this area, the only one who loved to live in and thinks it is the best was the frog!
To the land of frogs,  arrived Mr. fox at midnight. He stood on the borders and started to exclaim how much wonderful this land is! How much it is green, calm, purest air you can smell, it gathers between advantages of land and water, it is the water of the land and it is the land of the water or you can swim in the land and grow plants in the water! It is really a symbol of paradise !…… oh I think I can't find suitable words to describe how much wonderful it is! I want it to be mine for ever mine and only mine. I don’t want anyone else to share it with me.   Suddenly, while the fox was deep thinking and imagining the place, he jumped up of fear, a loud voice made his dreams stop. That was the voice of a frog! The fox discovered that his foot is on a sleeping frog, the frog started to shout of pain. Although the fox knew he caused pain to the frog, he slowly started to move his foot away from it as if he was enjoying hurting the frog. He wanted to punish it because it could shout and disturb him! Or maybe because it felt that there is another soul on land where he doesn’t want anyone else to share! He started to shout " oh fool frogs! You are very tiny but you have very loud noisy voice! I wonder how can a tiny animal like you have such a loud voice?? Suddenly, the fox got a made smile on his face, turned to the frog and said; hi my friend! Have you got the good news? I will be your neighbor here! Your companion! Your mate! I am sure you are happier now! We can live here happily together but I have some conditions if you want to live in peace here with me! First, we have to divide the land according to body size, I think I am hundreds of times your body size, so you get only small part! Second, you have to stop making that noisy voice, I love calmness because, as you know, I am a thinking man! The frog was speechless, got shocked of what he hears!       After a week, the frog went to complain to his friends and neighbors. There is a council which gathers weak animals like rabbits, frogs, rats, cats, …..etc. these are the animals at the poor side of the forest. The council decided to take the frog's complaint to the chiefs of the forest. Mr. rabbit is contemporary presenting this group in the chiefs 'council, so they asked him to send the complaint there. Mr. Rabbit did his best to get the council's sympathy with the frog but in vain! Moreover, he noticed strange sympathy of the council with the fox, Mr. lion, the king declared " what a pity! The fox is the smartest animal, he has very superior mind but he cant use it well because of the frogs' noisy voice! Why don’t you let him live in peace? It is his own land! Of course other members in the council cant break the king's word, so all of them now have the same opinion!       The fox felt danger because of the unity gathering these animals around him. He decided to do something to weaken it. He decided to visit the Rabbits land to meet Mr. Rabbit. First, rabbits were not excited enough to welcome him to their land, but some of them said, let's meet the man and hear what he wants to say! Maybe he wants to make peace with the frogs through us! We won't lose anything if we hear him! Then, the Rabbits decided to send him an invitation!  To the Rabbits' land, arrived Mr. fox carrying different kinds of carrots, cabbages and even some drilling tools! He started his talks explaining that he chose to settle in the land of the frogs because he is looking for good neighbors and he can never find good neighbors like the good rabbits! And when he was asked why he has chosen the land of frogs not the land of rats, because land of rabbits lays between land of frogs and land of rats, so, either he chose, he will be neighbor to rabbits, he said" you know that we, foxes, have historical memories in the land of the frogs!" and when he was asked, what memories? He said " all animals know that my Great Grandfather, Mr. fox, the father, passed on the land of frogs when he wanted to drink from the river, we are sure that his footprints  are there, and we are looking for them!" anyways, let's talk about the main reason of my visit!Ok tell us about it." Said Mr. Rabbit. " I really came here because I love you. You are my favorite animal! You look so clean and white, I love that! Moreover, you are very delicious! Ha ha ha , joke!" ok, the reason why I came here is that because you are in real danger! " what danger?" said Mr. Rabbit. Ok. I heard Frogs say that they will kill you! They say that you make tunnels under their land, and that you don’t have the right to do that! They say they will dig in their land until they reach your tunnels and fill them with water while you are sleeping so they kill you! I told them, that is really cruel! And that they should not do such a bad thing! It is against the laws of our forest, but they insist on it so I decided to come to warn you!" said the fox. " oh really?! Silly frogs! We have been always supporting them in all issues and they want to do such a crime?!! You know? Our babies are down there in these tunnels! Frogs must be punished for that! Not enough that we can't sleep because of their loud voice?! Moreover they want to kill us? It is war then! We have to kill them before they kill us!" said Mr. Rabbit. Oh no! rabbits don’t do that! You are known to be the symbol of peace in the forest! You can overcome frogs without fighting them! If you attack frogs, all animals will be against you and accuse you of starting the war! " yes! You are right! So, what do you advise us to do?" said Mr. Rabbit. Ok, I think you would better complain to the forest council and tell them the evils frogs are going to do. And from my side, I will be good supporter for you because as you know, all the five members of the forest council are my close friends especially the head of the council, my friend, Mr. Lion."  Said the fox. " I think this is the right decision. We will do that and we are very thankful to you Mr. Fox. I don’t know what we would do if you weren't at our side! You are really our closest friend!." Said Mr. Rabbit.    Back to the Frogs' land, went Mr. Fox. He was so proud of what he has achieved in his visit to the Rabbits' land. Frogs saw him singing and dancing, they got amazed because all the time they see him mad when he sees them. " may I know what made you so happy like this?" said one of the frogs. " oh! I have taken a pill, this pill makes you feel so happy! Would you like to try one? It tastes very sweet too! I have pills with different flavors, flavor of strawberries, apples…. It is for free only for my close friends like you. Take this and tell me what your opinion is." Said the Fox while giving a pill to the frog. The frog took the pill fast.   In the next day, the frog came to Mr. Fox, and asked him for another pill. " oh did you like it?" said Mr. Fox. " oh yes, very much. Please I want one more" said the frog. " oh sure, you can take more than one to give to your close friends, it is a gift from me to you, my close friend!" said Mr. Fox while giving a full hand of pills to the frog. The frog distributed the pills to his friends, and soon, most of the frogs became under the effect of drugs! And frogs citizens are divided into two parts, those who are loyal to Mr. Fox, they are always at his side and ready to fight for him, and those who are against him and think he has captured their lands. The fox with help of his supporters started to be cruel with those who are against. They started to punish them everywhere.     At previous times, Mr. Elephant was playing great role in supporting weak animals. He thinks they are from the same species because they are vegetarians like him. But now, it is said that he is busy making diet! Anyways in two years he has lost a kilogram of his weight. The doctor asked him to stop eating fats! The elephant put his leg on the doctor, stepped on him, made him like a pie when he told him that! " fats! Silly doctor! I don't know how fats taste! I have never tried to eat fats and I am still fat while other wild animals always eat fats and they have slim bodies! After that accident, elephant was sentenced five years in prison for killing a doctor.     The anti-fox frogs went to the second chief, Mrs. Giraffe. They told her about the bad treatment they face from the fox that  has captured their lands and spread drugs amongst the youth of frogs' species. They told her about the expected war between them and the rabbits, too. Mrs. Giraffe told them that she will make an urgent meeting for the members of vegetarian animals council to discuss these issues. But first she will need to discuss it with her government to see what they may say.   The group of frogs left the Giraffes' land hoping they will support their fair case. Mrs. Giraffe wanted to discuss the subject with her government. She made an urgent meeting for the ministers council. She said that they can't keep silent while their brothers and sisters in land of frogs are facing starvation, terrorism, and all aspects of inhuman treatment! She told them that she has decided to ask for urgent meeting for "All Animals Union" next week to put an end for what Mr. Fox is doing against frogs. But while Mrs. Giraffe declaring that, her prime minister asked for permission to say something. After taking the permission he said " I think we can't ask for such urgent meeting for All Animals Union without we tell Mr. Lion about what we have decided! I think this will be against us as giraffes community!" . Mrs. Giraffe kept thinking for a while then she was speechless! The meeting ended without making any clear decisions!        The rabbits decided to make the war against the frogs. " we have to kill them before they kill us." Said one of the rabbits while they were preparing for the battle. " we must have sudden trick to beat them. We must put in mind their strength and weakness points!" said the leader of rabbits' army." Oh Sir, we shouldn’t forget that they can jump, hop and make loud voices!" said one of the leader assistants. " Don’t be silly! Nothing of these things scare us! They can jump, hop but they are small and slow! We are bigger, stronger and faster! Concerning the loud voice, they always make it but for nothing! All animals are used to the frogs' loud voice and everyone knows it is useless! And we, rabbits, because we are neighbors to them, we are most used to their loud voices and we are the most who know it's just a voice! Voice never kills! Voice never injures!" replied the leader then the army started to move towards the frogs land.     The frogs investigation forces got the news about the movement of the rabbits' forces. They hurried to tell Mr. Frog who gathered the heads of the country. He encouraged his citizen to do their best and to be brave defending their homeland. They promised that they die for the sake of their country. He got little satisfied. They began to make walls around their land to stop the rabbits advance. We don’t want to fight with them. They are our cousins. All what we want is to prevent them from conquering our lands!" said one of the frogs.      The rabbits arrived to the wall on borders, looked at the wall and wondered what they can do! It is high wall! Rabbits don’t like climbing! What to do? Will rabbits insist on the war or will they go back to their lands? Now, only this wall is separating the angry forces! Mr. Fox came accompanied by some of his loyal frogs, he greeted frogs' forces, he told them that he can't interfere because he sees that he has no right to interfere as it is a family problem. He told them how much rabbits are bad and greedy, how they come to conquer the land of their cousins! He said he will try to negotiate with rabbits and ask them to go back to their land so peace can reveal. Mr.  Fox crossed the wall to the rabbits land. The rabbits felt happy when they saw him. He waved his hand to them greeting. " silly frogs really! They make wall to stop the advance of rabbits! They don’t know that rabbits prefer to go in tunnels! Really frogs have nothing but loud dirty voice!" said Mr. Fox. . " yes, you are right Mr. Fox, we have already started to make tunnels and after short time we will be in their lands." Said Mr. Rabbit. Ha? Their lands?! So bad to hear that from you Mr. Rabbit! You know that it is almost my own land after the All Animal Council decision! Or you don’t obey the Council's decisions?!" said Mr. Fox. " oh sure it's your land Mr. Fox! You know that I 'm the best obedient to the Council's decisions! Please don’t misunderstand me! I'm your friend, we both have the same enemy! The frogs!" said Mr. Rabbit. " I will have rest in your lands these days while you are in the war." Said Mr. Fox. " sure you can, feel you are home Mr. Fox." Said Mr. Rabbit. The fox smiling; I really feel I'm home. The rabbits crossed the tunnels, battle started and the fox captured the rabbits' land too!! Now, I let rabbits and frogs fight together hope they kill each other so I can have all this land for me only" thought Mr. Fox.     The fox stayed in the land of rabbits, he started to make different facilities. He built a home for himself with the help of his loyal from frogs and others. They supplied the home with water and other facilities. When one of his loyalists was discussing with him how he thinks he has right to have some of the rabbits' land, he answered that the rabbits were the beginners to attack his own land so if he asks the All Animal Council to judge this issue, they will support him. And when he was told that it was him who told the rabbits about the frogs' desire to kill them by digging the rabbits' tunnels, he replied that he didn’t say that, rabbits repeat that now to have a reason for conquering my land! And because they know I will not stay silent while all that is happening and that I will go to the Council tell them about what they did, and of course the council will punish them cruel punishment. In order to escape from all of this, they wanted the world to know that the frogs are the starters and frogs wanted to kill them so they wanted to defend themselves. Anyways, I' m sure that frogs didn’t try to make any harm to the rabbits, they even didn’t want war! They sent me to make negotiations with the rabbits but rabbits don’t listen! I said to rabbits at the beginning of the war, please rabbits, frogs are your cousins and neighbors, don’t fight together and many of you will be killed. Let peace reveal our forest! But rabbits don’t listen! They said they wanted to stop frogs loud voice forever! They said they will make new quiet nice forest without awful frogs' voices! Anyways, I 'm still trying to stop this war before it becomes worse, although I'm sure my efforts are useless! I don’t know why both rabbits and frogs make me feel I'm stranger for them! But because I'm a peacemaker, I will never stop trying and I will keep on doing my efforts!    Back to the war, rabbits made the tunnels which led them to the frogs' land. It took the digging rabbits' forces three months to reach frogs' lands. Frogs have been waiting to find the rabbits jumping on the wall they had made, but they got surprised when they saw rabbits soldiers coming from underneath their feet! The surprise made frogs unable to move or think, they just started to make their regular voices. Rabbits started killing frogs! "Anyone making this voice will be killed! Stop making it if you want to live!" said the leader or rabbits' troops. " if you want to be safe, stay at your home, never get out of it from sunset until sunrise, anyone out home at night time will be killed" he added. " Move to your homes fast! And remember, no voices, no exit from houses or you are endangered!. Frogs started to move to houses after they buried the killed and carried the injured to hospitals. That day was the worst day in the frogs' life ever. They went homes, nobody could eat or sleep, kids are crying, they even have to prevent their kids from crying or they may be killed as they were told! It is really awful life! Death is so much better than it! We can't even talk, shout or cry to express our sadness!!    Mr. Fox made a complaint in the All Animals Council accusing rabbits of attacking his own land and the land of Frogs too! " I am at your side, I will be always supporting you until you get your freedom back! " said the fox in a call with Mr. Frog. " thank you for that Mr. Fox, we will never forget your support!" replied Mr frog.  The council was in hold for discussing the attack of rabbits on the land of frogs, they decided that if rabbits don’t get out by themselves, forces from the all animals council will get them out by force. But there was one condition, the vegetarian animal organization has to support the council forces in this process. This is by presenting enough food for the council forces. And of course these forces eat only meat, so, victims from the vegetarian animals will be presented for the forces to feed them. That was the main condition if vegetarian organization accepts it, details will be discussed later concerning how many victims have to be presented, number of victims for every species because Mr. Lion, the king, said he must take half of the number of victims presented by the organization for himself and his citizens, anyways, it was settled exactly as Mr. Lion wanted.   But how long will the liberation process take? We need to know how many victims to be presented and if we can produce this number or no!" said the chief of the vegetarian animals organization. We don’t know how long it takes, rabbits have long nails as you know so the process is not that easy! But we promise to leave as soon as frogs land comes liberated and frogs get their legal rights in their own land according to the international laws." Replied the chief of the All Animals Council.In order to force rabbits to leave the land of frogs, the council decided to stop all kinds of supplies on them. No food drinks allowed to enter this land. None of them can get out of this land or go into it. This will take little time until the rabbits leave the frogs land. We don’t want to get them out by force so lets try other peaceful ways first so no innocents would be killed. That is what the council declared. But after three months of presenting victims of vegetarian animals to the forces of the council, some deer saw the forces of the council allow supplies to enter from time to time! This deer went to tell the vegetarian animals organization. The organization held a meeting to discuss this issue. At the end of a long meeting, the decision was ; to make a committee which can ensure if the council forces really do that to make the time of the war longer! The committee decided that they need not less than a month to find out about that dangerous issue! It decided also to make four other committees, one to be sure if there are really supplies allowed to enter, the second is to check what supplies are allowed to enter, the third is to find out from which border these supplies are allowed, the fourth is to follow what the other committees have achieved!! the month is over but still neither the committee has given the report nor the rabbits have left the land of the frogs! The only change is in the council forces, they are getting more wild day after day asking for increase in the meals presented by the vegetarian organization. After long time of researches, analyzing the researches, summarizing them, discussing them,… the committee at last gave the final report. It said that the all animals forests are really letting some kinds of food to enter, but they didn’t even tried to tell from which part these supplies reach the rabbits, they wanted it to be general. The committee sent the report to the vegetarian animals organization to be discussed. Now, the organization got sure that the forces want only to make the time longer so they can get what we offer to them! But really so many victims were presented up till now and we cant go ahead on that anymore! Said Mr. deer. " you know? I really wonder, have you ever seen a lion eating a tiger? Or a tiger eating a wolf? Or a wolf eating a fox? I have never seen that! But you can see a lion eating a deer, or a tiger eating a zebra, or a wolf eating a sheep, or a fox eating a hen! So why is that?" wondered Mr. sheep. " the reason is clear dear! They don’t eat each other because they fear each other while we fear them all! You can imagine what may happen if a lion attacks a herd of deer, they all run in front of him and he runs behind them picking which one to hunt! When he catches one, do the others go help her and hit him until he lets her go? This is the real difference! If we want to a power which all others fear and respect, our only way to that is union. We should become one body. If we do, we will be stronger than any! We will be respected! We will be masters not slaves like now!we can then solve all our problems without the need of interfere of the all animals council! We can make our organization stronger and then it can be responsible for solving all problems amongst the members of it! We really have many advantages, we have location because our lands are close to the river and most of our animals need to pass through it if they wanted to drink, we have good weather because water here makes the weather so much better than areas away from the river, we have enough foods if we exchange things according to the needs of each species of us, in the land of deer carrots grow, deer don’t eat carrots so they can exchange them for grass from the lands of rabbits, and so on.  " Ummm no! this can never happen! My land is the most wealthy amongst you! We can't be equal to you in rights and duties while we produce so many more products! My land produces rare crops like corn, wheat and sugar cane! How can I be equal to rabbits, for example, whose land produces only carrots! This is really unfair! This can never happen!"  commented the deer.And again, the meeting ended without taking any clear decisions , forces of the all animals council are still surrounding the land of rabbits and frogs, rabbits forces  are still there in the land of frogs, the vegetarian animals organization is still presenting food for the forces, the only winner is Mr. Fox!      While vegetarian animals have been living in this miserable way of life, they can not solve the simplest problem they face, wild animals are using them for food, services, clothes…., some of the vegetarian animals discovered that the secret is in power. If they have enough power they can get justice and freedom. But they are weak themselves. The only way to look enough powerful and get respect is by uniting. They heard that Mr. Horse, the most noble, generous, fast, powerful, lovable animal, is now trying to unite between all the vegetarian animals in the forest to be able to ask for their legal rights and face threatens from others. Day after day, Mr. Horse reputation is  getting wider and different animals are entering the union he is making. After uniting tens of different nations of vegetarian animals, he started to solve the problem between frogs and rabbits. It was very simple! He invited Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Frog to a meeting, he asked them about the reasons for this fight, Mr. frog told him that Rabbits want to kill frogs by digging tunnels, Mr. rabbit told him that the reason is that frogs make very loud noisy voices specially at night while rabbits are sleeping. When Mr. Horse asked Mr. Frog about the source of information he has about the rabbits trial to kill frogs, he told him that Mr. Fox was the source of that information. And when he asked Mr. Rabbit about his source of information about foxes trying to make rabbits leave their land by making loud voices which are very noisy for rabbits and may lead to rabbits leave their own lands, he told him that Mr. Fox is his source of information! Now, Mr. Horse has got the point! He understood Mr. Fox plan to make fights between rabbits and frogs. Mr. Rabbit explained why they usually dig tunnels and told them that this is a way of life rabbits have, that they live and keep their babies underground and that rabbits never aimed to cause harm to frogs. Frogs also told the rabbits that they never aimed to cause any harm to the rabbits and that they would never prevent rabbits from reaching water. Both rabbits and foxes understood that and problems between them is now over. Mr. Rabbit promised that they will go out of the frogs lands as soon as possible.      Mr. Horse invited all vegetarian animals to a meeting in which they can discuss the right of frogs to live in their own land and liberate it from the foxes. All heads of species attended the meeting. They decided to make a plan to liberate the frogs lands.

"But the problem is not just foxes," said Mr. Frog.

" Yes, most wild animals support foxes including lions, tigers, wolves, dogs…" added Mr. Deer.

" But if we unite and become one, no other force will ever face us!" added Mr. Horse.

 " So, what is your plan, Mr. Horse?" asked Mr. Giraffe.

"OK. I will tell you about my plan! I want frogs to keep on making the loud voice they are known to make. Not only that, but I want them to make it louder and louder. I want it to be the loudest at night. Then we can keep on digging the ground under their feet" added Mr. Rabbit.

"But what about the wild animal forces surrounding the lands of rabbits? We are sure they will send reinforcements to the foxes so we have to be ready to fight against all!"  Said Mr. Monkey.

"Yes and I'm going to make a plan contingent upon the abilities of each species." said Mr. Horse. "

          Frogs started to do what vegetarian animal council had agreed on. They continuously made loud voices especially late at night until foxes got (bored?) and enraged. Foxes started to fight with the frogs making the voices. Other vegetarian animals started to support frogs. Foxes told wild animals about that so and got their support. starte Now the whole forest was at war: vegetarian animals against Wild Animals. It is a 'do or die' war now for vegetarian animals. If they win, they will get their freedom and respect and enjoy the wealth they have in their own lands. They would be able to regain their self-respect. So, vegetarian animals promised to do all they can or even more than they can, not only for the sake for their own sake, but also for the sake of their sons and grandsons. So, monkeys jumped to tops of trees to throw nuts on wild animals' forces heads, giraffes played a great role in the investigation. Rabbits started to dig tunnels so forces of wild animals may fall down when they come to pass on them. Frogs were making very loud voices to frighten the soldiers. Elephants stood in a line to make a fort in front of the forces. Deer were ready to make fast attacks on the troops by fast hits on the front and back. Horses were ready for the main attack in  order to lead the force of all vegetarian animals. This would result in a fast attack on the forces of wild animals in order to endthe war. The vegetarian animals had great will to win the battle. Their will helped them regain their respectability. None of them was afraid of death for the sake of their noble aim. Wild animals felt the change in vegetarian animals behavior. They never used to find such cooperation among vegetarian animals. When some lions tried to attack some deer, monkeys started to throw pineapples on the heads of those lions until they got injured and ceased their attack. When some wolves tried to attack some rabbits, some frogs jumped onto the backs of the dogs and started screaming that frightened them and stopped their attack.   After a week of wars, wild animals found that they cant beat vegetarian animals. They started to leave the vegetarian animals' lands back to their own lands. Vegetarian animals had, for the first time, won the battle!! They even could got the foxes to evacuate the land of frogs forever! Oh! Dreams have come true due to cooperation and hard work!   Vegetarian animals started to celebrate the historical victory. They made Mr. Horse the leader of all vegetarian animals federation. And they have become a respectable nation!                

 

 

 

© 2012 khalid


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on June 24, 2012
Tags: an unfair world

Author

khalid
khalid

October 6th City, Giza, Egypt



About
An Egyptian man who is working in education while his passion is writing ( as many people who have to work in a field while they love some other field ( : more..

Writing
??? ???

A Poem by khalid


Memories Memories

A Poem by khalid


لحظة لحظ..

A Poem by khalid