Crimson Tears

Crimson Tears

A Story by God's Lonely Son
"

Two friends go trick or treating for one last time...

"

Crimson Tears

By David Williams

October 31st. Halloween. Gary and Eiji were at Gary’s house, playing Call of Duty for the Wii U. After a few rounds of Zombie mode, Eiji got frustrated.

“It’s Halloween, man! We should be out there trick or treating!” Eiji said, throwing the Wii U Pro controller onto a stack of mangas.

“Dude, I know. We’re too old for that stuff now. I mean, I want some candy as much as the next guy, but this a kids’ holiday.” Gary said making sure the controller Eiji threw wasn’t broken.

“I mean, we weren’t even invited to any parties! I heard Jackie was throwing a ‘bomb-a*s’ party. I want to go, damn it!” Eiji lamented. He had a crush on Jackie, who was the most popular girl in Azteca High school. She had no idea he existed.

“Wouldn’t it be cool if we went out trick or treating, for one last time, tonight? I always made a game out of getting as much candy as I could. I wonder if I could break my record?” Gary wistfully said.

“Yes! Let’s go trick or treating tonight! After that, we can go to Jackie’s party! I’m sure she’ll let us in!” Eiji said excitedly, a fire in his eyes.

“I don’t know. I don’t really have a costume ready to go…” Gary said.

“Come on, you have got to have an old costume lying around somewhere. I still have my Purple Rain Prince costume hermetically sealed in the basement! Let’s do this!” Eiji said, his excitement turning to mania. “I’m getting changed; meet you back here in an hour!” With that, Eiji was out the door. Gary looked at the door way for a minute before shrugging. ‘Might as well go’, he thought.

An hour later, at dusk, Eiji came back to Gary’s house dressed as Prince from the movie Purple Rain. Gary greeted him at the door dressed as Harry Potter. Gary had a Super Mario costume, but it did not fit anymore. He decided on the kid wizard costume.

“Looking sharp, Gary,” Eiji said, giving Gary a thumbs up.

“Oh, you know how I do,” Gary said jokingly.

After making a detailed plan of trick or treating action, they left on their quest for candy. Many kids were out at this time, dressed as Power Rangers, Princess Peach, pirates, fairies, superheroes, and more. Some of the parents got in on the action as well. All was going well; Gary and Eiji were getting a decent amount of candy. After a while, they decided to take a little break.

“I’m on my way to breaking my record! I can’t believe how much candy I’m getting!” Gary said, looking into his pillowcase full of goodies.

“Yeah, yeah, how much more do you need? We need to get to that party!” Eiji said looking off into the distance. Someone laid their hand on Eiji’s shoulder.

“What’s up?” Eiji asked as he turned around to see who it was. He saw a young man dressed up as a Native American Indian. His costume was incredible; it looked authentic, as if he was a Native American Indian from the early 1800s. He did not say anything he just looked deeply into Eiji’s eyes. He then put his hand on Gary’s shoulder, looking deeply into his eyes. He walked away, without saying anything.

“What was up with that?” Gary asked Eiji. Eiji shrugged. “Hey, dude!” Gary called out to the costumed man, wanting to ask him his name.

He was nowhere to be found.

“How weird. He’s gone!” Eiji said. “Oh well. Let’s get going. Jackie is waiting for me!”

After a visiting a couple more blocks, Gary and Eiji were heading to Jackie’s house. They were a bit uneasy; they were in a part of the neighborhood they have never been in at night. Every little noise sounded like the movements of a serial killer stalking them. Eiji was undeterred, though. He was making it to that party.

“I’m not feeling so hot,” Gary said to Eiji. “Of course you’re not. You’re dressed up as Harry freaking Potter!” Eiji told Gary, rather rudely.

“Says the guy dressed up as Prince,” Gary fired back. “What’s wrong with Prince?” Eiji asked. “Nothing at all, but you’re not pulling it off.” Gary said. They were facing each other, practically nose to nose.

“You got a problem?” Eiji asked, testosterone dripping from his voice. “Feeling froggy? Jump,” Gary suggested. After a tense stand-off, Gary asked “What’s the delay?”

Just then, a woman’s scream pierced the quiet, peaceful night. Gary turned around and saw a woman being dragged off by two figures. Gary immediately ran toward the woman.

“What are you doing?” Eiji asked.

“We’ve got to help her!” Gary said before speeding off into the darkness. Eiji just stared into the dark abyss.

Gary finally caught up to the woman. She was dragged into a decrepit house. Gary had second thoughts about helping her. The house was rundown, there was a peculiar stench emanating from it, and all of the lights were off. Gary turned the door knob, knowing if he didn’t help her, he would regret it for the rest of his life.

Inside the house, it was pitch black. Gary pulled out his cell phone and used the flashlight app to guide him through the room. He heard heavy breathing--from multiple people�"and a person muttering unintelligible gibberish. Gary’s heart started beating fast, and he started sweating profusely. Just then, he felt something brush against his leg.

Gary aimed his cell phone down and saw what appeared to be a dog afflicted with mange walking awkwardly past him, its mouth frothing with saliva. Gary stepped back in horror, which caught the attention of the dog. It leapt at Gary, who was frozen with terror.

Suddenly, the dog’s path veered in mid-air. It landed on the ground, stunned. A large tree branch slammed against the dog’s head. Gary looked up from the dead dog and saw a wonderful sight.

“If you’re gonna rescue somebody, you need to bring weapons!” Eiji said as he tossed another tree branch to Gary.

“Thanks for backing me up,” Gary said, tears in his eyes. “No prob. Now let’s find that girl,” Eiji said.

They walked slowly through the house, carefully checking for people or animals. There was only one room left to check, and it was the basement. As they walked down the steps to the basement, the stench got stronger. They stopped a few steps before reaching the door.

“Bro, I just want you to know, whatever happens, I’ve got your back,” Eiji said. “Same, dude, same,” Gary said. They looked at each other, before stepping forward. “Let’s do this,” Gary said.

With that, they both walked to the door. Gary opened the door and stepped in. A trapdoor opened beneath Eiji, who fell into the darkness.

The darkness turned into a bright, cornea searing white light. When Eiji’s eyes adjusted to the light, he saw in front of him a little 5-year-old girl. She seemed scared.

“Are you okay? Do you need help? I am here to help you,” Eiji said to the girl. Eiji looked around for his tree branch, which he dropped when he fell through the floor. It was way on the other side of the room. He started to walk toward the branch when the girl started crying. “What’s wrong? I’m here to help you” Eiji reassured her. He gave her a hug.

“After the laughter comes tears,” the little girl sobbed. She then pulled out a rusty knife and started stabbing Eiji in the chest with it.

Eiji pushed her away. “What are you doing?” Eiji asked as he used his hands to try to stop the blood from gushing out (it wasn’t working). The girl just started laughing. Eiji fell to the floor, weakness overcoming his body. All he saw was white.

Gary was trapped in the basement. There was no way to get out. Gary gripped his tree branch tight as he used his cell phone flashlight to look around. He noticed there was a mirror on the wall in front of him. He focused the light on the mirror and noticed in the reflection that there was someone behind him. It was a clown with rainbow colored hair. He was crying. The tears were tears of blood.

“What the hell?!?” Gary screamed as he turned around. He focused the light on the clown and saw that he was completely naked (and yes, the carpet matched the drapes). Gary was terrified.

“Thank you for saving me,” a soft voice said. Gary turned around again and saw the woman who was being dragged standing right in front of him. She was gorgeous, wearing a white dress. “Are you okay” he asked her.

“I’m fine. After the laughter comes tears,” the woman said. Then she started laughing. The clown bit into Gary’s neck, severing his jugular vein. Gary dropped to the floor. The clown draped himself over Gary’s body, biting pieces of Gary’s face off as he thrust himself onto Gary. The woman just kept on laughing. Her tears of joy were crimson.

© 2013 God's Lonely Son


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on November 1, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2013
Tags: Halloween, scary, teens, outsiders, eery, spooky

Author

God's Lonely Son
God's Lonely Son

El Paso, TX



About
Well, I'm just a guy with tons of stories and dialogue in my head. I used to write/draw graphic novels, but now that I have less time, I write. I am currently writing the story that has been in my.. more..

Writing