Cape Man

Cape Man

A Story by Kiera
"

A story written for an awesome contest about a cape who decides to move on and live his dreams. Yay go cape!!

"

"Clark, come here right now!" A voice screamed. Suddenly lights flashed and blurred around me and I was then being shoved into a glass case. The door of the case slammed shut as I heard the sound of black work shoes clicking rapidly along the ground.

"What is it Lois?" He asked, as if truly interested. I saw him fix his glasses up in my peripheral vision. Lois shook her head and pinched teh bridge of her nose in frustration.

"You just missed Superman again!" She cried, staring at him accusingly. If I had a tongue I would tut. What an idiot. I am an item of clothing and even I know that that dude looks just the same whether he is in a Super Hero outfit or some nerdy glasses. What a dope. And Clark too, for even thinking she believed the whole fascade. But after all, I reminded myself, I was superior to such...primitive life forms. Maybe I should not set my expectations so high. They were mere mortals after all. Even the daring heroic superman that Clark turned into was not all that impressive. I am the source of most of his almighty powers. Without me, and a few of his genes, he would be nothing but a loser. Well, in fact that isn't much of a stretch from what he is now. I heard Clark offering to escort Lois home. Sighing inwardly I stopped moving and relaxed into one fixed shape.

"Oh if only I could make her see, I am Superman." He ranted like some Shakespearian actor. I rolled my eyes before they melted back into the red fabric. "I wish I knew, if she liked me for who I was, or just for the flying and the supoer strength powers I posess." He mumbled. His eyes brightened for a second as a grin passed over his face. "I would have thought by now nothing could surprise me, keep me worrying and fretting, but Lois is something I did not expect to encounter." I felt like throwing up. What an idiot! Could you muse in your head please? For God's sake. I really badly want to go slap him in the face. But then I reminded myself I had to witness the little flying expedition Superman took Lois on. I thought the moon was made of cheese, and the moon is gargantuan, but I have to say that Clark Kent is more full of cheese and corn that the moon and the stars combined. "Well this is pointless just rambling on to myself. Perhaps I could express my feelings through poetry-" He murmured, but I interrupted him promptly before my mind imploded.

"Shut up!" I cried. He swivelled in shock.

"Who...wait did my cape just talk?" He exclaimed.

"Yes, don't think you're special or anything buddy. You ain't the only one who posesses incredile powers. Actually drop the incredible, compared to moi, you are just the average loser." I smirked. He looked so shocked. "By the way, if you didn't know I could talk then who were you talking to just then?" I asked.

He looked too flaberghasted to reply. "Was it Steve?" I said, gesturing to the swivel chair. "Because if you didn't realise he is definitely not interested in your personal problems and has work to do so don't interrupt him." I said matter-of-factly. Dumbfounded, Clark scratched his head and blinked several times. This reminded me very much of a caveman. I was getting a little irritated. Could the man not speak? He had spoken enough before and he didn't ven know I was listening. Maybe he didn't understand what I said. I inhaled deeply and tried again, "Heeelloooo." I drew out the word slowly. "IIII AMM yooouuurrr caaaaape. IIII cooome in peeeaaace. Dooo nooott diistuuurb Steeeeeeeve." Once I had finished he looked even more confused than before, and almost offended.

"Hi, um,um, why have you not spoken to me before?" He stammed awkwardly. I rolled my eyes.

"I am an inanimate object, if I had done it would have freaked you out and if Lois discovered gee, my handsome head would be all over the newspapers. Not that I have a head though..."

"Well...why did you talk just now?" He inquired.

"Do you remember what I first said?"

"Shut up." He recited obediently like a pre-school student.

"Yes!" I replied enthusiastically, giving him the thumbs up. He bit his lower lip in a pleased smile. "Shut up, correct Mr Kent. I wanted you to shut up about your feelings and Lois and your amighty superpowers and your poetry!" His smile disapeared and was replaced by a frown. I lifted my cape hands up in defence, "Not that there's anything wrong with poetry! I love poems. But...just to mention...the word 'baby' does not rhyme with 'Lois Laney'." He looked mortified.

"Okay, I don't like you cape. Do I have zero privacy?" He cried in anger.

"Well if you cared about privacy so much then why did you marry a reporter and zoom around New York in neon blue tights and undies?" I snapped. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

"Sorry, but dude, I'm done here. You get to fly about in your girly outfits and get all the credit whilst I'm stuck in a washing machine, treated with disrespect, with no appreciation and am paired with blue tights and a blue shirt?! No, that is a crime. Red and blue do not go together, it is so embarrassing when people look at me in that outfit. Anyway, we are done. I'll become cape man and show the world that I am the one that should be famous and adored. I'm the real hero here! So, I'm sorry, but it's over." I slipped out from my coathanger and flew out of the door. I heard his phone beep a minute later, but of course I knew what the text would say, Sorry, it wasn't you it was me! Well, sort of...bye! xxx

At least I let him down easy. As I zoomed off into the sky I heard people crying, "Oh my! It's the invisible man!" Shrugging I decided it would be a better title than Cape Man after all. Smiling and waving I lapped up my new glory.

© 2012 Kiera


Author's Note

Kiera
A story written for an awesome contest! (it might be a little long..)
P.S. yes I know in those days people couldn't text eachother and that Supermans powers did not all come from his cape, and blue and red were maybe quite fashionable back then...actually I don't think that's even possible...anyway I hope you like it and don't think it is too random wierd or too ranty? Ranty as in the cape went on and on talking and you thought it got boring just listening to a cape go on about...stuff. Anyway, there could be a few typos in there but oh well it was fun writing it! ENJOY!
P.P.S. Yes I know I just repeated the same thing as in the description. waa waa live with it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

LOL But it was cool Kiera. Nice writing. xD

Errrrrrmmm... how to improve... maybe you could like ya know, put some spaces maybe? 'Cuz maybe it could be easier to read.

Again, nice write. LOL it just had me cracking up the whole time. Is Steve a talking swivel chair or something...? I'm a little confused about that... :/

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This made me laugh, and haevily entertained me.....from start to end you never really understood who was talking the hints were there but you didn't shove it in our face which i loved. The way we had to work it out as the story progresses incorages us to follow it to the end , as you make us want to know.

I love the idea of it aswell a talking and living cape, and of course a superhero.. just a fantastic idea and fantastic piece loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice work.
It was fun to read and I kind of wanted to read more!
:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


LOL But it was cool Kiera. Nice writing. xD

Errrrrrmmm... how to improve... maybe you could like ya know, put some spaces maybe? 'Cuz maybe it could be easier to read.

Again, nice write. LOL it just had me cracking up the whole time. Is Steve a talking swivel chair or something...? I'm a little confused about that... :/

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2012
Tags: Contest

Author

Kiera
Kiera

Why do you want to know?, Are you some stalker?, Australia



About
I am a blue skinned alien-kind of like an avatar smurf or something- and I have purple hair. I love writing and also many things...genres include fantasy, horror, romance (chair+table they are so cute.. more..