White Picket Fence

White Picket Fence

A Story by killbeth
"

This is a story of a dream, that I originally posted on the No Sleep subreddit.

"

I get some pretty vivid dreams, and I surprisingly remember them really well. This is going to be one of those. Now a bit of background to this dream. Throughout it, I'm watching from a man's eyes, from his peripheral vision, and I was completely unable to control his movements or body. As I'm from England it was rather weird to me that was based in an American backyard, my dreams usually focus on where I live and visit. This is also starts the next evening after a vicious storm passed through the area.

Now, I don't get a look at the house because it's all based in the garden and forest behind it, but I assume it should be a nice home as it's got a small pool on the left when you look out to the forest and a white picket fence about 4ft6 that separates the garden from the forest. There's s**t everywhere which is expected since a vicious storm passed through. There's a couple of massive trees in my field of vision, right behind the fence, one on the far left directly behind the pool and one on the right, not so centered in your view.

This all starts when this man believes something came in with the storm. One night about 6pm, when it was on its way to getting dark, the day after the storm. He decides to go to the garden. He looks out beyond the fence but notices something completely unbelievable to him. There's a girl standing behind the fence near the big tree on the left. But what scares him, is that she is wearing a Victorian undergarment.

Then he notices the eyes, they're all white, they look like they've been crying but also the eyebrows and skin around them were morphed into unimaginable shapes that looked like extreme rage. The next thing he sees is the worst. From the left cheekbone through under the nose to the next cheekbone draws a kind of an invisible line, from which underneath that, everything is stretched to awful proportions, with her mouth almost shaped like the scream painting. Stretch marks everywhere and it was surprising that the skin wasn't ripping to reveal the muscle underneath.

At this point I was scared myself at what I was seeing as well. I just knew instantly that he was scared, afraid, completely at ends with his brain about what to do. Next thing I know he turns and walks inside and my vision blacks out. I assume he's ok cause a few hours later he's back outside with camera. The girl is still there, but he's not sure what she's staring at. And I still find it so odd, that she just stood there, doing absolutely nothing. This is kind of like where it all goes typical American, home filmed, horror movie. But before he starts to film he notices something else.

There's a massively tall outline of a man standing behind the other tree. He can't see through it, but he knows that its not just a black mist or shape, I know as well. And how he's stayed calm through this I don't know. He gets it together and starts recording on the camera. He films the state of the yard, moving forward a bit. Then he moves the camera to see the two trees, the girl and the dark outline of the man. He zooms in on the girls face, but it only makes it worse as the detail on the face is more obvious and much finer. It scares him a lot more. But when he then moves to the black figure, he finds that its not there anymore.

It was so strange, I could feel that he couldn't believe what was happening, I couldn't either. It also felt so quiet and I felt that he should be reacting differently, that he shouldn't be as calm as he is. He zooms back in to the default view and decides that's enough. He stops recording. But when he turns round to the right, to go back inside, he notices an almost white grey hand, unnoticeably large, covered in veins, slowly slide from the back of the house to the side rendering it out of view. This is when he shows some form of human emotion, he panics, turns around to run inside and this. This is when it all blacks out for the final time.

© 2014 killbeth


Author's Note

killbeth
This is one of my first stories, please review what you see fit to change, but please be constructive, and not harsh.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on March 26, 2014
Last Updated on March 26, 2014
Tags: horror, white picket fence, killbeth, hand, tree, storm, girl, disfigured, dream, white, picket, fence

Author

killbeth
killbeth

Croydon , Surrey, United Kingdom



About
21, Living in England. Starting to get into writing and a friend recommended this site! more..