Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The demented ramblings of my consciousness at 2 A. M.

The demented ramblings of my consciousness at 2 A. M.

A Story by Nathaniel Whodat
"

This is the, "thesis," portion of my ramblings and ravings to my dear friend Laura. As I write this description, my mind is still on the same train of thought. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

"
*Just before this, I asked a friend, to whom I sent this... Abomination, if my demented ramblings concerned her.*

     For if it were not for such demented ramblings and ravings, I would not be as myself. For when I reach an elderly age, I shall be labeled senile and be sent to an insanity ward. I do not desire to go to such a place as a patient. As a visitor, it would be most undesirable, but that would depend on whom I was visiting. Maybe it shall be you, or my dear brother Joshua, or good friend Micah.
     For I shall continue these ramblings in my mind for as long as I continue this train of thought. Did I mention, that if such a train of thought were to derail, then I should mentally colapse into a state of depression and discontentment? For I do not desire such a state of mind, nor do I conceive it. For my imagination is limited to such joyful thoughts as are presented to me now from the realms of my subconscious.
     There is one aspect of myself about which I am concerned. That would be my sanity as an elderly man. For when I reach the age of, say, 60 or 70, I shall desire to do things that grasped my mind in fear when I was younger.
     There is one unmanageable fear that consumes my mind at this moment: the fear of misspelling words, and thus, losing the respect of my peers. For I do desire such respect and honor, but in a modest sense. For I do not crave praise as kings and dictators crave, but I merely desire the respect and inquiry of insight of my peers. If any words be misspelled, such trust of my knowledge would be utterly hindered.
     But back to my first point: the peculiarities of people make them unique. If it were not for such peculiarities, then we would no longer be ourselves, and would all be the same. Such similarity, in my personal opinion, is much too boring. For the oddities and obsessions of people drive emotions, such as love, hate, disgust, and worry. For in this worry comes those who would seek to send people with extensive peculiarities to an asylum. Such treatment could be harmful and could make those people resent the, "normal," population.
     For I do not seek to eliminate my peculiarities, but merely to enhance them. To make them part of my personality, not part of my actions. For if these peculiarities continued as harmful habbits, I could inflict pain and suffering upon myself and others. Let us not forget my other word in describing the, "interisting," aspects of people. This word is obsession. For to have an obsession with, say, the Bible, or learning, could be harmless. Other such obsessions, such as fire, gluttany, alcohol, and drugs, are most definitely harmful.
     In conclusion, I would wish to present my most humble apologies if I have bored you. If you merely skipped to this inevatable end, I would forgive you. Mark my words; the middle of this expression of opinion is where the interesting things are. If you have completely read through this statement of opinion, I would like to thank you for your time, and commend you for your patience. I have but one further statement to make: do not take any of this in a literal sense. For these are the demented ramblings of a tired man. Should you take any of the literally, including this and the previous one, you may inflict self-harm. I ask you merely to use good judgement and common sense. Without further adieu, I wish you the best for this new year, and a good night.
Sincerely,
Nathaniel D. Cantwell

© 2012 Nathaniel Whodat


Author's Note

Nathaniel Whodat
I hope that this expression of opinion gives you a view into my psyche. I am sometimes very... Odd, but that is what makes me unique.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Misspelled words:
-habbits (habits)
-interisting (interesting)
-gluttany (gluttony)
-inevatable (inevitable)
-judgement (judgment)


*LOSES RESPECT*
*TRUST OF KNOWLEDGE IS HINDERED*

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on January 2, 2012
Last Updated on January 2, 2012

Author

Nathaniel Whodat
Nathaniel Whodat

Mordor, IN



About
I would hack your account to spam myself! But seriously, what about me? I am made up of trillions upon trillions upon quadrillions (can you believe that is a number?) of tiny particles called atoms.. more..

Writing