Words

Words

A Poem by Alana
"

Just a small rage about how words hurt and people don't know what they are doing.

"
All people think nothing of the words that come from their mouths, but they have also never tasted the words that the breath so frequently, they haven't ever felt the sting they give to others just by parting their lips. Although truthfully it seems this is not their own doing, they have been raised and taught to speak in ways which will make anything different shy away in fear of rejection and fear of not being understood. They have been taught to do this because anything or anyone who thinks or acts different is a danger and something to fear. Different is something you don't want to be standing out is bad being unique is bad. After all we have been through as people together there is still racism and prejudices and violence against gays. Where do we draw the line? The police are as corrupt as the criminals that they are supposed to be catching.  The think I fear most is something I am supposed to look to for help. The world has went wrong in so many ways and where does all this damn hate come from? Words. The words of a man who supposedly lived years upon years ago. Governs all that we think and do and what is right in the world now? I don't think it is right for a man thousands of years ago to decide whats wrong in today's society because he was alive a long time ago and a long time ago a lot of things were different. Weren't they or are we back where we once were fighting to see who has more control over what and who has the better weapons? It's a thought... think it.

© 2015 Alana


Author's Note

Alana
ignore spelling ad grammar and such it is just an opinion

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on May 9, 2015
Last Updated on May 9, 2015
Tags: words, hurt, new, rage

Author