Hold still

Hold still

A Story by Elora B.
"

Watch in live motion as a girl gets driven over the edge.

"
Isabelle   


   "Hold still!" As I struggled to escape the grip of Isaac. We had been dating for 2 years, and I trusted him with my life. He grabbed a hold of my hand,"Please don't go." I could tell that he was on the verge of tears, as was I. In order to understand what's going on I'll have to take you back two years.
I was 16, and lived with my parents, who always fought. My mom was an alcoholic who drank to forget my dads infidelity. "Isabelle," my mom slurred," you are such a w***e, you know I was just like you. I used to think that i would amount to something, but here's the thing. Life isn't worth s**t! And you worth even less than that." I shrugged it off because I hoped that my mom wasn't being serious, sadly part of me knew that she was....
However my dad was even worse, he was a major drug lord and went out with prostitutes daily. Something about my dad made me never trust him. Even when I was little, I wouldn't let him hold me, and if he tried I would cry a whole lot. A lot of kids at school thought that my family was perfect, they only saw what we wanted them to see. We were far from perfect, and I was far from happiness.
"Slow down Iz," my best fried called. Her name was Sarah, she was an actress and obsessed with books. I remember one time she red all of Le Mis in 1 week. I was walking so fast because I needed to get out of here. I hated school, all the drama, the kids, everything was awful. Sarah came up behind me and jump up on my shoulders,"Skipping again, Iz, such a rebel." She threw a smirk that was all too familiar to me, the way her eyes lit up when she gave it.
Something I noticed was that you can tell if people are happy by their eyes. Sarah's eyes lit up when she talked, so did some of her other friends. Mr. Luber's didn't however. He was old and grouchy, he was also determined to fail me.  
It was just another day of going around hating myself, and the world. I knew that I wouldn't be able to take much more, but I held on for Isaac. He had always been so funny and energetic, but lately, as I got worse, he started turning colder, more isolated. I knew that it was my fault, and things would be better if I just got over it. 



Isaac 

I loved Izzy but lately she has changed. More selfish, less loving. She used to be really optimistic but lately, she had drowned in her own self pity. I found it absolutely ridiculous, I mean sure she has s****y parents, doesn't everyone. She hated school, so does almost every teenager. She doesn't know that I read her diary, I saw the note. She is so selfish, and I know I won't be able to help her. The day she stopped loving herself is indisputably the day that she stopped loving me. After that I started to not love her anymore, she was toxic. 
Izzy dabbled into drugs, self harm, cheating, you name it she most likely did it.  didn't need that, she wasn't going to drag me down, but I could not help but feel like me abandoning her was dragging her down faster. Part of me still loved her very much.


Sarah

Iz was something special, she had so much potential and she was just going to throw it all away."How was your day?" my mom asked me.
"It was fine I guess," I wish that I could tell her what was going on with Iz. She loved Iz, was practically her mom. She just has changed so much, and it hurt so bad. I remember this one time when we were 6 and playing in her basement. We pretended we were princesses, and played for hours. Last year I could look at her and still see that Iz, now she really is nowhere to be found. She has changed so much. I think that she liked to think no one noticed, we all did though. 
Alex 

Isabelle was such a piece of s**t that no one liked, except me. I had to hide it though, I was popular, she wasn't. I couldn't give it away that I liked her. No! Being mean would be the only answer. 
Everyday I saw her walking down the hall, think what I would do without her. Her eyes were so beautiful, her hair, when she seldom smiled it was beautiful. I miss when we were best friends, I honestly forgot how we stopped being friends, it was probably something stupid... 
Isabelle

I was done. 
With all of this. I couldn't take anymore I didn't want to be here anymore. Everyone hated me, including myself. I picked a pencil and started to scribble something down...... Hours later I watched as the world slipped from my finger tips. Then I read my final legacy, "To anyone who cares enough to read this, I'm am gone. Without me the world will still turn, flowers will still grow, and you will still smile... I am sorry that I couldn't be strong, that I was am awful person, that I was a failure. Please don't cry or speak at my funeral. How could you do that for someone you didn't even know? Many of you are just now realizing that I am dead, but I have been for a very long time. Goodbye." I started to feel weaker, I noticed that I was slipping. "Help!" I called, but no one answered. Until Isaac came running in He saw the letter and started to scream. "IZZY PLEASE DONT GO..... I love you, please hold on.." He was to late, I was gone.

© 2016 Elora B.


Author's Note

Elora B.
Any tips on how to improve my style and the way I convey my message would be appreciated. Ignore grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on November 4, 2016
Last Updated on November 9, 2016
Tags: Suicide, sad

Author

Elora B.
Elora B.

Liberty Township , OH



About
I'm 13, an aspiring nurse with a love for writing and acting. more..