Love-What is love?

Love-What is love?

A Story by Kim
"

This is a essay.

"

After hiding from me for so long, love unveiled its face to me. He is six feet tall and I am winded by his beauty. How do I know this is love? Perhaps it is the gentle rhythmic beating of my heart, the uncontrollable butterflies fluttering in the pit of my stomach, or even the sparks that ignited when our eyes first met. These unfamiliar feelings mingled and spoke of how he differed from any man I had met in the past.

 These feelings are reinforced with his smile, capturing my attention and intensifying the rate of my pulse. The sound of his  voice engulfs all others coming from somewhere deep within his chest. It has the potential to resound like  violent thunder, yet it remains softly spoken like a mid afternoon rain;  turning other conversations into trivial whispers. Nothing can compare to the experience that follows his arrival.

With him, I feel as though we are the only two in a world full of strangers where  time is but a faint shadow and virtually meaningless. As these sensations begin to take over, gradually infusing me with long lasting daydreams that entrap my mind, leaving me in their wake with smiles and soft memories of his name being sung as if by a harp strong and true.

Even in my deepest dreams, I never imagined the possibility of such a man entering my life; a man who would bring security and reassurance. No one in this entire world could consider hurting me again because he is standing beside me like a protective guard. He is my knight in shining armor, the prince of Cinderella, the Romeo of Juliet. Even a simple memory or thought of him seems to shelter me from trials and harshness of the world, and bring surprises into my  life.


This powerful, awe-inspiring sensation has finally found me. It has left me breathless and starry  eyed, even though I never thought it could. My heart is a locket, and he holds the key. He took me completely by surprise as I found my reflection in his eyes. At first, he was not what I expected him to be, but with time, I realized that he was everything and more. We have now grown so close through the magical moments we have shared. The first kiss brought an immediate realization that he was the one for me. Since then we have only fallen deeper in love, and it’s a feeling I never want to lose. Joy, understanding, and care have filled our lives. I have never experienced this with another person before.  This man’s openness and honesty has earned my respect and admiration, and his intoxicating personality weakens my knees and wins my smiles. How many people can truthfully say they have found their soul mate? I have and I can.

 I admire the way he holds me close as I fall asleep on the couch while we are watching a movie. When all I want to do is cry, he comforts me, lending a shoulder for my tears. This feeling he gives me is a warm glow tingling across my skin.  Perfection is not possible in life nor in relationships, but those flaws make our time together that much more significant. The ups and downs make the ride worthwhile and our disagreements make the bonds stronger. We have each other and no moment between us is wasted.

 I like everything about him. He has the most adorable and enticing green eyes. The scent of his cologne drives me crazy. His brown curly locks tempt  the playful side in me. When he speaks, joy comes alive in me.  His touch makes me weak, and whenever I look into his eyes, I cannot turn away from his compelling gaze. I see the world as it could be, and how it should be through him. When he speaks words are more than sounds and his voice is the music that carries a lullaby from his heart to mine. His presence is my Eden.   

Our affection is both loving and protective, his arms around me are my one sanctuary, sheltering me from everyday pain. Each moment we share is enchanting; it transcends time and space. His laughter reminds me of the reasons why I fell in love with him in the first place. Compared to his, all other smiles seem ordinary. Every emotion, every action is the definition of amazement. He is the reason for my rejoicing and the permanent presence of fulfillment in my heart.

I love him more with each passing day and I know that my deep feelings for him will only grow stronger as time progresses. Without him, I am lost in a world of turmoil. He is my reason for living, I trust him with all that I am and all I hope to be. He completes me in a way that fills my heart overflowing with love. I feel so blessed to have found this wonderful man and to make him my one and only. He is the sunlight that drives away the shadows; he turns my bad days into pure bliss, and makes me whole. I will love him eternally.

The same kindness he brings to me can be brought to other women, voyaging and searching for a man to mend their hearts from a broken experience. The one thing that holds everyone  together is hope. Hope will bring faith, and faith will bring destiny. Keep all hopes high to store that faith deep within. Love is sneaky, creeping in when one least expect it and wraps around the heart. People will find the one that will treat them well, and that will make your life whole. He will cherish and value them more than he will value his own life. He will risk anything and everything to be with them and they will do the same. Keep that hope, and nothing will fail to satisfy one’s dreams when you find, the one, true love.

© 2009 Kim


Author's Note

Kim
What do you think of the essay, Any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

to repeat what my message said:::

oh my god!! your essay is amazing..its truly one of the most beautiful things i've ever read i nearly started crying you captured the essence of love and wrote it down in a magical way ...wow It's absolutely amazing. I looked hard for anything to critique you on, but I found nothing. This essay is pure and beautiful and would make even the coldest, most bitter person smile and long for a love this true. This is obviously written true to your love, because I don't think anyone who hasn't experienced finding their soulmate would be able to write so passionately and profoundly. I hope to one day find the love you described in this essay.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is quite a beautiful writing. You have made the description of love so vivid. The overall flow and passion add to the charm of your work... you leave the reader positive that you are a women who knows what love is. I think this is a great and charming piece, and I think you need to do nothing with it. Even though a few cliches are used, this is a rare example of when it is perfect to use them. It brings out the flow very nicley, and illustrates your point beautifuly. I don't think (if you removed the cliches) that the flow would work as nicley. Truly a great work, from a gifted writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago



There is one thing I forgot to mention. I would reconsider the title. Perhaps, "My Dearest Love."

Even though you do affirm a comparable valuation for others, this essay does not speak for ALL of what Love is, as a definition. Spiritual Love, for instance, is not primarily romantic, tho' it can include it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



I don't see any mistakes or missteps within the context of a young romantic personal essay.

It would be interesting if you assayed the same essay subject every five years or so, to see how romanticism is tempered by time and process. These feelings can indeed be preserved, and you are even now mature enough to shift your last paragraph into an affirmation of comparable romantic values for others.

It is what it is, and eloquent as that. As I said, I would recommend you return to the subject at five year intervals and be intrigued by what remains, and what changes.

All the best with your school presentation, and this fresh promising relationship.

Posted 14 Years Ago


O-MI-GOD! That is a b-e-a-utiful essay! The emotion, how she dscribes him, everything is amazing. A masterpiece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


An essay on love? Is it?
If I were to say what love is, my description might vary vastly from yours. The reason for that is that every individual is different and love (although an emotion to some) might be an ideal to a poet. But based solely on the thought that it is an emotion; emotions are subjective to individual experience. I would say that love is hard work and sacrifice; a trading game of give and take between two people. It is a happiness that comes, not from having what one wants but rather, from wanting what one has. It is a precarious bird perched on trust; living on seeds of faith. St. Paul said it "believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things". If that is true, it certainly does not account for half the marriages in America ending in divorce. Love is the responsibilty of always putting another's needs before your own. I do not say "desires" but "needs". One must place one's own desires first in a relationship from time to time or one begins to feel cheated and neglected by the significant other and relationships can sour because of one's righteous sense of just humanity. I think this was more of an essay on what it feels like to fall in love rather than an essay on what love is. With that said, it was an impressive and expressive piece and quite well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah, there are so many words to describe your writing! Excellent, passionate, loving, inspiring, beautiful, amazing, fantastic... absolutely wonderful! You did an excellent job with this essay! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT IS!!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This the most beautiful thing I have ever read.Ditto with the girl below.Very passionate..I wanna bite your head off and spit it out cuz this is REALY making me JEALOUS!!!!You have a presious gift.This is beautiful.This is the way I try to write.You should write a book about a girl write about her true love in her diary the way you wrote this.You have an AMAZING!!! GIFT.Your my favorite writer if you write as good as that.SOO MUCH EMOTION! WOW!! Lovely picece of art straight from your heat.

Love,
Brandy known as =Fancifulgoddess

Posted 14 Years Ago


The description you used in this piece is really heavy, but I think that it was meant to be that way. It entirely depends on what the essay topic was, and what you were going for. If you were trying to describe feelings for this man, and what he means to you, then you did a good job. The feelings are evident, and you kept the pace throughout the entire essay. I say it looks good so far.


Posted 14 Years Ago


its very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2693 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on January 20, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Kim
Kim

Flat lick, KY



About
Lets see what can i say about myself. My name is Kimberly Hinkle:) Born on Jan 2nd 1991 My home is in Kentucky* i don't live in the past. i live in the present & look forward to the future=] Walking T.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..