L and S: Sunlight Surprise

L and S: Sunlight Surprise

A Story by Kirasoul
"

Finally, the long awaited sunshine through the cold rainy winter has appeared!

"

You are an ocean's gray waves,

destined to seek a life on shore, just out of reach.

Yet, the waters ever change.

Flowing like time. The path is, yours to climb.


I notice my ringtone and slide the cellphone to connect our call.


"L? Where are you?"

"At the Oven Coffee. S, look outside!"

Her sleepy tone immediately snaps awake, "Tell me I'm not dreaming. Is that…"

"IT'S SUNSHINE!" I shout at the receiver. Every pedestrian on the street turns to me in alarm; I ignored them and continued "Sunshine! Sunshine for the first time in weeks!"


The other half of the line was full of audible noises as I imagined S bumping her way out of our messy room, "I can't believe it! The Sun-Doll I made actually worked!"


"I'm pretty sure that it's not the work of your Sun-Doll."


"Nonsense. Without him, we'd still be trapped in that rainy hell."


I turned to the bright blue sky above me. It was so nice to see the sun at last, to feel its warm caressing my skin and taste the wind cleanse of dampiness. Even I, a pluviophile and nyctophile at large was refreshed by the long awaited sunny day.


Like finally reaching the end of a long, everlasting tunnel.


Like finally tasting a pinch of salt after a over-sugared distress of sweets.


Like opening the Pandora's Box at last after a long, harsh night of trials.


As S's harmonious humming swept down the alleyway we called home, she brought the sweet summer warmth with her footsteps, her silver song spreading through our town in rejoice to the sunlight.

© 2016 Kirasoul


Author's Note

Kirasoul
Please comment! Compliments and criticism as the best gifts that a writer can ever receive :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 26, 2016
Last Updated on March 26, 2016

Author

Kirasoul
Kirasoul

Taiwan, Taoyuan, Atheism/Pagen (I believe all that exists have life, even seasons and time.), Taiwan



About
Hello! My name is Kirasoul, a writer and reviewer of 20 age. My choice of weapon is a LAMI Safari Fountain Pen installed with Brilliant Schwarz Black Ink and loaded with red Casket. I also use a T.. more..

Writing
Marionette Marionette

A Poem by Kirasoul


Silence (I) Silence (I)

A Chapter by Kirasoul


Guest (II) Guest (II)

A Chapter by Kirasoul