Warm and Fearless

Warm and Fearless

A Poem by No no

People are afraid. People are afraid of heights. People are afraid of spiders. People are afraid of ghosts, witches, spirits. People are afraid of dogs, cats, snakes. All of these fears of course can be consulted and are not normally confronted unless a circumstance arouses the fear in which a feared animal is seen, a spooky place is came across, or a cliff is confronted. The other times of their life, they are fine. But what do the people do that are in fear of love? They are confronted with it all the time. Media presents ideas of romance and sexuality everywhere you look, torturing people who simply either are in fear of the complexities of love or cannot find it. Now, why these people are in fear of love I couldn't tell you that part. But I can tell you why they shouldn't be afraid of love. Love is not about giving someone your all and hoping they give it back. Love is not a couple of pick up lines at a bar. Love isn't a high school hookup. How do I know all these things? Well, i'm not a love expert of any means , but I have my experiences with the realest of teenage loves you can find. Yes, i've heard it a million times that teenage years are no time for being in love, you do not know what love is at this age, and you all aren't going to be forever. That may be true, but him and I could be a statistic one day. No, we won't be a part of the fifty percent of people in America who are either divorced or separated. We could, and should, be part of the ten percent of high school couples that get married, and stay together. Now that we have got the age thing covered I still have not explained as to how I know that love is nothing to be afraid of. I can give you the reasons, based off of my 'person', in two simple words. Warm and Fearless.


Warm

Love is the warmest thing I know. Love is like sitting by the fire listening to indie folk, roasting marshmallows and not having a clue as to what any one else wants for you. You don’t need to be afraid of love. Its warm, not hot. Warm is cozy and inviting. Warmness doesn't leave you. You feel the warmness whenever they even barely touch you. You feel warm whenever you get in stupid arguments that honestly just don’t matter, then makeup with the best words that no one else can say to make you feel the same way. You feel warm when you can actually hold something that loves you back and cares about you more than anything in the world. As long as you are with that person, the warmness never fades. You are always confronted with the warmness of feeling some sort of sensuality towards them but also a child like care towards them. You want to help them in all ways, like you would a child. You want to do everything for them and tell them what to do just because you care about putting them in the right direction. The warmness of that, comes after you have helped them go in the right direction and created a new sense in them. Don't think they can't do the same back. Love's warmness invites you into seeing different parts of your inner being you never knew existed. You can be more than you ever imagined if you are in loves warmness. When you truly love someone, and they truly love you, and you know you can not be without them no matter what you do... That's loves warmness, taking control, making everything right, forgetting the world. Warmness shows you that in love, two is better than one.


Fearless

Love is fearless. Love doesn't care if your parents do or don't like your person. Love doesn't care if you have to drastically sneak around just to be able to touch them. Why? Because love is full of dares. You dare to love that person. When you love them you trust that they love you back, and when they say they wont leave you dare to believe that they won't. Love is fearless. With love you try new things you never even knew existed. You dare to try things you thought you never would. Fearless love is not rare. It is impossible to fear with love. You put all your fears into that person. Tell them all of them, they wont mind. Love takes your fears and makes them new. Love turns everything you have ever been afraid of and transforms it into new possibilities for you and that person. You don’t have to fear about losing love because you know that person would die before they wanted to give you up, and you would do the same for them. That's why you are fearless. You cannot have fear that the person is going to misuse you because of past mistakes. This person is a brand new one. This person is fearlessly in love with you, but you must be fearless and not be scared to love them with everything you have.

So yes, I am in love. I'm in the best kind of loves you can find. You are warm all the time not only because you know you have them but also because you know they have you too. You know that if you came knocking on their door in the middle of the night they would let you in and make everything right. You stay warm because you can tell they are thinking about you, at the same time you are thinking of them. Yes, arguments do happen but they are worth the make ups. You can't give them up because you know that you never want to bring them any pain. You are fearless because you are not scared to rely on them for your happiness. They are fearless because they are not scared to save you from your lonesomeness. They understand. You are both warm and fearless with them, because when you are in their arms you can hear there heart beat and realize that you have something no scientist, biologist, nobel prize winner, or any genius has ever figured out. You have all of someone's love and they have yours.

© 2014 No no


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 28, 2014
Last Updated on August 28, 2014

Author

No no
No no

Writing
Anna's Boy Anna's Boy

A Story by No no