This Girl

This Girl

A Story by Gabrielle Guzman

I’ve watched the seasons change on her skin. I’ve seen every single color that her eyes can turn at any time of day. I’ve seen her in every mood possible. I know how she smells when she’s just gotten out of the shower, and how she looks the second she wakes up. I remember the moment she decided that she wasn’t going to be walked all over by anyone anymore. I can tell you about the night we had our first kiss, and how it was nothing at all like you’ve probably read about. I can tell you how she likes to be treated by a friend or a lover. I could tell you what songs to play when she was having a bad night. I could even tell you how many ice cubes to put into her cup of tea. I can tell you so many things about the girl that was the biggest part of my life for so long. I could go on and on. But then again, maybe I can’t. Maybe she is a completely different person now, a different bird, a different hope. Perhaps she’s evolved so much that I couldn’t tell you a single thing about her anymore. Maybe she’s nothing like the girl that I fell in love with when I was far too young to even know the meaning of it. But I bet that with a simple smile, she could still break my heart.

© 2011 Gabrielle Guzman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is one of my favorites. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011
Tags: girl, love, romance, loss

Author

Gabrielle Guzman
Gabrielle Guzman

Austin, TX



About
Hello. I'm not going to lie to you and say that I'm amazingly optimistic or happily in love or any of that ooey gooey stuff. I'm just a girl with a keyboard, and you're just a person with a screen. more..

Writing