I've Faced...

I've Faced...

A Story by Gabrielle Guzman

I’ve been trying to piece together exactly what it means to ‘be happy’ for a while now. I know that when I was a child, it was simply easy, and it came to me without my request. I was just happy, and carefree, and innocent. And I know there’s no getting that back, but there’s got to be something after this. There’s got to be something else after you’ve figured out the world and lost your faith in humanity. There’s got to be a loophole, right? This can’t be it. I mean, I’ve faced that love is a fairytale, and ‘friends forever’ simply means ‘until somebody gets hurt’. I’ve faced that family is just another word for those that will be the hardest to get away from. I’ve faced the world, and I’ve faced the fact that I will never, ever be perfect. But my question is this: Is this really it? Is there nothing left for me to adore? Nothing left to admire, and stare at in awe? Our history books tell us of the tragedy, and all of the terrible things we’re capable of, but when will I read about the miracles? When will I read about the random acts of kindness? I’m waiting for a sense of hope. A sense of future. Even the slightest idea that things won’t always be this way would be enough for me. Just tell me that it gets better than this. Tell me that, and I will go on, fighting my way through, just to see the next day. 

© 2011 Gabrielle Guzman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011

Author

Gabrielle Guzman
Gabrielle Guzman

Austin, TX



About
Hello. I'm not going to lie to you and say that I'm amazingly optimistic or happily in love or any of that ooey gooey stuff. I'm just a girl with a keyboard, and you're just a person with a screen. more..

Writing