Garbage Disposal.

Garbage Disposal.

A Story by .abigail.
"

had to write this for my english exam. it's pretty short, but took up two pages when i wrote it. it got me 16/20, which helped make me come first in my grade! =)

"

 I crept in the shadows, concealing myself in their welcome darkness. She was walking ahead, highlighted by the streetlights. What was her name again? Selene, that was it. Selene, the pale girl with glasses and braces. An obvious nerd.

She crossed the road, her dark hair being blown about her face. After a pause, I followed. I couldn’t afford to let her get too far away from me. After all, I’d been waiting for her to leave the library all night. Who knew someone could spend three hours in there?

I’ve had a vendetta against nerds for years, ever since mum dated one who stole her money and left her to drink away the sorrows of her past. After dad had died, it had been her and me. I would do anything to protect her. So now I chase the people who hurt her so much.

Selene turned a corner into a street I knew well. Finally, a chance to do what I’d been planning for a month! I turned left early, sprinted through a few alleys, and lay in wait for Selene to pass.

I peeked around the corner. She was only a few hundred meters away. I counted to a hundred under my breath before she passed. I grabbed her, and swung at her head with a rusty piece of pipe I’d brought. I didn’t swing too hard; I didn’t want her to die and nerds were flimsy.

I somehow missed, and the pipe hit thin air. I stumbled, off-balance, for a moment. I regained my balance to discover I’d dropped the pipe. I reached for it swiftly. Even a nerd could do damage with it.

As I backed Selene against a wall, preparing to try again, a shot rang out. Pain exploded in my arm until it grew numb. The pipe clattered to the ground, and I dropped with it, curling into a fetal ball next to it, unknowingly smashing my glasses, thinking of only the agony and the wound to my own pale skin.

 

***

Selene packed her smoking pistol into her backpack. She always carried one; you never knew what might happen in a city like London. Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a mobile phone and speed-dialed the police. Hanging up, she smiled. Mother will be so pleased, she thought. Another nerd disposed of.

© 2009 .abigail.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story. I really enjoyed your writing style, you manage to have exactly the right balance between too much and too little descriptions. I'm glad you passed your exam with that, the story deserved it.
What made me shake my head was that mom-thingy. It is not your fault and maybe I just got a misconception, but most of the stories I've read thus far on this page used nearly exactly the same motive as you. It begins to become quite annoying, frankly. Couldn't it be something else sometimes? And actually it is a very thin motive, although it is obvious that the prot is mentally sick and therefore hardly reasonable.
For the end, I would have liked it if Selene beat your prot off! But this ending was good as well, except ... yeah, except for that mommy-thing that appears there as well, this time for Selene. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just a bit ... obsessive ... about that.
Uhm. And I must admit that I didn't understand the last sentence. Doesn't matter, though.

All in all, nice story, although it couldn't convince me totally, and a really good writing style. So keep up the good work :)
Yours, Anju

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
1 Review
Added on June 17, 2009
Last Updated on June 18, 2009

Author

.abigail.
.abigail.

Australia



About
Hey. My real name isn't Abigail, but I prefer it, and I don't want my friends to read any of the stuff I've written, so I'm not putting my real name. I was born in 1994, I live in Australia. M.. more..

Writing