Addiction

Addiction

A Poem by SilentLullabies

The ache comes from my veins,
running along my wrists,
beating with my pulse.

The temptation is too strong;
an evil longing stirs inside,
begging for sweet, painful relief.

The scars of past weakness mock,
reaching around wrists and thighs,
hurting with the chemical addiction.

Just one touch of cold metal comfort;
one sharp, stinging weapon;
one sweet deadly high.

Please let it stop hurting,
let it slowly release me,
let me come to reality once more!

© 2010 SilentLullabies


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very vivid poem. I have known people addicted to shooting heorine and you described how they say they feel when they shootup... This is a very deep and insightful poem.... An enjoyable read......

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've done it twice..
It wont help it makes it even worse ...
the addiction you're talking about appears to someone, just not for me.
It doesn't help me.
All in all this piece is quite good.
Nice written.
Keep up the good work.


If you want to stop hurting yourself then you could draw some "blood" on your arm with a pencil, draw a bit harder than if you'd write something down.
There will be a little pain and a red colour.

~A Fallen Heroine~


Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing write. the last line really brings it home

Posted 13 Years Ago


a poem which is heartfelt in which many, including myself, can relate to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The blade will never make the sad feelings fade. I can't personally relate to this, but I can feel the pain. It hurts.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this but at the same time hate this. I think it's so beautiful, honestly written and over all stunning that I have to love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I will honestly admit that I have been on and off down this road for about 4 years, started sophmore year of highschool, ended near the end of first semester my senior year when I decided to finally give it up. Indeed, it is quite the ugly addiction...but to some, it is said: "Pain is Pleasure". But this road can turn into something ugly and dirty, and deifinitly not healthy. I have dealt with it and it has taken me about 3 years (going on and off) with attempting to give it up. I have broken a few promises with this addiction as well, but now I am clean. I hhope this road doesn't break you and pray for you to get out safely. I am always herre if you need someone to understand.

Posted 13 Years Ago


just one touch of cold metal comfort;
one sharp, stinging weapon;
one sweet deadly high.

could be written in a simpler form...but pain is never simple, hurt is never simple...this was written brilliantly! its sad...very very sad...
each word hurts deep...hits hard...

Posted 13 Years Ago


So much pain...
Made me itch my wrists for some reason.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a pain I have seen in myself and an outlet I have seen in others. Someone very close to me did the "cutting" to alleviate his inner turmoil. He still has the scars and those scars symbolize an age when physical pain was nothing more than an escape from the deeper, more true pain. I am very thankful he stopped but, I will by no means condemn another for doing it. I've come close enough to doing it myself to know that sometimes you feel only the most drastic measures will snap you out of your depression or anxiety. Luckily, I found other outlets although not all of them were good. Thanks for the write, and thanks for trying to show the feelings behind the drastic measures. I feel it important for such writings to exist. How else will somebody on the outside ever know the reasons why? How can they try to help if their clueless?

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010

Author

SilentLullabies
SilentLullabies

Grand Rapids, MI



About
My name is Aysha. I struggle with depression and a bad case of anxiety. I'm sure there are other mental issues somewhere in my head no one has bothered to diagnose me with. I used to write on here a l.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by SilentLullabies


Hate Hate

A Poem by SilentLullabies