Bar Days

Bar Days

A Story by The Chosen
"

I used only movie quotes. The characters that say the quotes are the same from the movies.

"

Bar Days

Kody Prosser

“Here’s looking at you, kid.” Rick raised his glass in a toast. But, Terry wasn’t in the mood.

 

“You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.” Terry was depressed by his recent business failure, smoking and holding a glass of gin at the poker table.

 

“Nobody’s perfect.” Osgood calmly said as he dealt the cards. Five card poker was this group’s game of choice.

 

Clyde laughed as he pointed back and forth between Bonnie and himself. “We rob banks!” It was his normally satirical humor that always floated around his thick cigar.

 

Sam picked up his cards and smiled. “The stuff that dreams are made of.” He always had the worst poker face out of all of them.

 

Travis, with his habit to think people were talking bad about him, quickly jumped up and pointed at Sam. “You talkin’ to me?” He was a nice guy, just thought everyone was out tot get him.

 

The Captain stood up and was waving his hands to calm everyone down. "What we've got here is failure to communicate." He was the peacekeeper of the group, which unfortunately always irritated Howard.

 

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Howard stood up and went to confront Captain, but was stopped by a six shot pointed at his chest.

 

From under his hat, came a deep, rough voice. “You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?” Howard stopped and slowly sat down. Harry was a more, forceful peacekeeper if you will.

 

"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." John spoke out of no where, with seemingly no context to what was going on. But, everyone in the bar room took that as a sign to try to figure out who was the strongest. Chairs started flying, poker chips were being thrown, punches connected and everyone was in a big pile.

Jim grabbed George by the shirt and reared back for a punch, saying “Houston, we have a problem.”

 

George caught Jim’s hand and stared right into his eyes. "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape." He caught Jim with the other fist and they tumbled to the ground.

 

Rod was taunting Clyde as he swayed back and forth saying, “Show me the money!” Clyde jumped and tackled him as Loretta was screaming, “Snap out of it!”

 

Suddenly, a loud booming voice shot through the room. “You can’t handle the truth!” Col. Nathan was standing at the door way with the infamous Gold Hat.

 

The bartender asked them something and Gold Hat started yelling at him. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!He pushed the bartender out of the way and looked around.

 

Capt. Louis came from behind them and pointed at the pile. “Round up the usual suspects.” He walked out as Gold Hat and Col. Nathan picked two people out of the pile.

 

Col. Nathan picked up Grusinskaya, who was crying as they walked out mumbling,

“I want to be alone.”

 

Gold Hat struggled with Hannibal as he was squirming while calming stating his last night’s exploits. "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

 

Everyone was silent for a while, when The Terminator was the first to break the silence as he walked out. “I’ll be back.”

 

Rhett, the only one to not be in the fight, gently set his poker cards down on the table. Everyone gasped as they saw he had a royal flush. He looked towards the door where The Terminator was just standing and said, “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

 

Everyone laughed and cheered as they went back to drinking, smoking, and merrymaking. Thus was a normally Saturday night at the Mos Eisley Cantina Bar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI's_100_Years...100_Movie_Quotes

© 2013 The Chosen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

nicely written.............

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on October 11, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013

Author

The Chosen
The Chosen

Columbus, OH



About
I love music. I play the electric and stand up bass. i have a strange habit of turning all my poems into something morbid or depressing. It's not bad, I just can't seem to write happy poems. more..

Writing
Vengence Vengence

A Poem by The Chosen