grandpas notebook

grandpas notebook

A Poem by koty bell

black,stained

torn to tell it's age.

means more than what it seems

I cherish it poetry,

short storys.

sad ending.

to a new begining.

me and my family.

vacation. second night.

phonecall,grandpa sick.

i never knew this was the end for him.

74.

this is what i was left from him.

important to me.

only 7 when he died.

never spent alot of time with him.

not alot of memories.

i will miss him alot.

this is what i have left to remember him by.

© 2010 koty bell


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think proofreading and making revisions would really help the poem. It's hard to see through to the meaning if there are frequent grammatical errors.

The basic structure of the poem--the staccato lines and phrases--works fine. It creates a sort of halting way of reading. And you create a vivid story. Just needs a little tuneup.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

great concept- i do cherish my grandpa as well who passed away so the title made me want to read it--though there are some grammatical errors (people below pointed it out)..i think this is a great concept to write about and there were some lovely parts- you should delve deeper into your emotions and maybe write more about it or revise it-my english teacher in high school taught me that a story or poem is never really finished- revisions are always needed since nothing is perfect and you can always find something new and creative to revise/add to a poem! hope all my criticism and comments aren't negative- don't mean them to be at all- i'm just hear to give advice and help!

Posted 11 Years Ago


you should change "I cherish it poetry," to "I cherish its poetry,"
i too have a book of poetry left behind from my grandfathers passing. this poem is one i can easily identify with. BUT i feel like this read like a grade school summer vacation report almost. it was too choppy i guess is what i am trying to say. no flow. maybe edit is and give it a touch up with flow. but you do what you want :D that is the great thing about poetry haha!
this was deep on a emotional level, the notification of your age when your grandfather passed explains why this poetry book is tattered and stained. very very nice. thank you for sharing.
-S.B.-
.novelists.elite.info.
.display. ShaneBerry
.memberID. 005
.name. Shane
.username. shaneberry
.status. Inactive
.join date. 03-25-2011

Posted 12 Years Ago


Those old notebooks are very valuable. I found my Grandmother small notebook. Notes of life become important to the people who love the missed people. Thank you for sharing the memory and outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think proofreading and making revisions would really help the poem. It's hard to see through to the meaning if there are frequent grammatical errors.

The basic structure of the poem--the staccato lines and phrases--works fine. It creates a sort of halting way of reading. And you create a vivid story. Just needs a little tuneup.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was a very heart-felt piece. When my dad's father died, his mother (my dad's mother) gave him a book she had written about her experiences- not only with him, but about their lives in general. She died a few years ago, so that book means more to him than I could imagine. I never met either of my grandfathers.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sad you couldn't share more with him but at least you have his diary to pass down and enjoy.What a nice tribute good read

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwee if I was not sitting in class I would have busted out crying. My grandpa died when I was a little girl so I can relate to this one extremely.

Posted 12 Years Ago


awwwwwwwwww this one made me cry


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
8 Reviews
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010

Author

koty bell
koty bell

tempe, AZ



About
i love to write my buddy kameron told me about this site. Youll find out farely quickly im a huge sublime fan and i have adhd.. Oh look a squirrel! :O im 21 yrs old i love all sports mainly football .. more..

Writing