Beginning

Beginning

A Story by kris10.wa2
"

A brief glimpse of the ocean since time began.

"

It was brutal. The awakening and the light and the noise of the place was distorting and rude. It disrupted peace and broke into the barriers that were created to conceal such angry music. There was rumbling and barking and terrifying screeches from creatures never seen before, creatures above and below and inside and on top. It was enough to drive anything insane. 


So, when it hit, it was catastrophic. The pure impact of power and revenge clearly written in its folds and creases. It wanted silence, it wanted peace back, and it shut up the noise that distracted it, that vibrated it, and disturbed it daily. 


And it got it. For a short amount of time. Maybe a few hours, maybe a few centuries. It did not really understand the concept of time, so not knowing wasn’t too much to handle. It was that noise came back, but tenfold. And really there was no other way to reply.


Every once in awhile it washes the noise straight out, the noise drowned for days at a time. But the strange and disrespectful music always comes back to it, so it must drown it again. And again. And again. Never ending, never relenting, only asking for peace. 


“The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't.” 

Christopher Paolini, Eragon

© 2016 kris10.wa2


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on February 20, 2016
Tags: ocean, beginning of time, POV, short, one-shot, drabble

Author

kris10.wa2
kris10.wa2

VA



About
I am 20 years old and reside in Virginia. I have always taken a liking to writing and I am always looking for new opportunities to write about. more..