My Weird Type of Empathy

My Weird Type of Empathy

A Story by Randolf Ramos

Describe not what empathy is in a not so hard to bear way on my account. I' am churned up in confusion, realizing that in a not so distant future, I will witness how you un utterly misjudge my spirit. My heart is not calloused as you may see it seems. Those pricking pain may prick me not now, but time will find its way to let me know I feel your suffering (words in mind as I see pt in suffering and tacitly find comfort in silence) . I may find comfort in company of those who take pride in easing my pain, and I will find it vexatious to handle those who let my tears flow, for my situation calls for preserving my dignity until my last breathe brings life to my body, and the last drop of my blood will stop flowing through my veins.

Treat me not like a guinea pig, you may realize that I am still a person and will always be who feels pain, but comfort is not on my side. You may see and feel the beauty of living and eternity in suffering and that life is priceless, for now you may be blinded by the blossom of youthful vigor, Do not the ticking time betrays?, for now time is on your side. Tell me now, whom are you going to trust?, and so time silently betrays.

I am a person slowly disintegrating, long enough, that I have had written my story, you may never mind, but, doing your part to bring comfort as I rot in bed. Treat me accordingly to the dictates of your own wishes. I know in a not so distant future you may wish just like me.

In a not so distant future, I wonder, how you'll describe empathy.
In a not so distant future, you will take your own medicine and that I wonder what taste it could be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grief stricken as I see people whom I am caring in the medical ward, I find uttering, this is just the way I'll be suffering when time comes. Do I fear death? not so much, I fear how will I be treated with ease or as a thing of duty by my practitioner. I find it hard to submit to the truth that my life will be at hand of those who will manage my end of life care. I may be weird in this matter but does it make sense? That is sensibly weird but the grim truth of what lies ahead.

© 2010 Randolf Ramos


Author's Note

Randolf Ramos
This is what we will become on our due time!


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great..

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think the desire is not to be robbed of one's dignity, even while we disintegrate and return to dust. Empathy is not simply sharing tears, it's sharing understanding, the bond of travelers walking on the same road. Again, an interesting set of thoughts.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't know. I don't fear death. Today my kids are older and my life is not so important. I must create things to keep my spirit alive and well. I like this story. my family don't my view on death. Death mean no more problems on this world anymore. You words are direct and honest. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


great write..
thought provoking..

Posted 13 Years Ago


These end of life days are a subject of thought for many. For me, I want quality of life and if that quality declines and I start to see the end of my days...I want to die quickly and not in a hospital and not have my death "managed". I feel strongly about this. I am not exactly afraid of death, having faced it once and thought I was dying I discovered my feelings for death, but I don't feel ready to die...so many things I want to do before the end comes...I hope to die in my sleep...the hospitals terrify me...why prolong our dying days? Your writing brings many things to my mind...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Being someone who treats the bible more of stories of how to act and not true believable history I have no clue what to think of death, I can't say I understand how god could exist or even how we can, being that the begging on time had to start somewhere, science has proved the bibles theory wrong, even if no one else wants to believe it... I am not exactly sure where I am going or what I believe, your story just makes me wonder, how would I act in this situation, but the fact is. I would rather live than fear an eternity in hell that hasn't arrived yet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thought provoking love!
The fear of death at times seems irrational, but everyone fears it, strange how much of a taboo topic it really is. For a lot of ancient cultures prepare for death before it happens so that they can progress in the next realm! This plain is merely a test and to have your life in the hands of others whilst needing medical aid, I know that scenario all too well!
Powerful work friend
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


I fear not death, but disease and pain. A little ironic in my present situation. But still, to put ourselves in that place, where we feel what others feel. That is the most human that we can be.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010

Author

Randolf Ramos
Randolf Ramos

Philippines



About
more..

Writing
Empath Empath

A Poem by Randolf Ramos



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Drake Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan