Cast Away

Cast Away

A Poem by kristen0928
"

Not a poem, so much as a thought/feeling.

"
When someone cheats on you it brings out all of the insecurities you thought you had long buried about yourself. It digs for them, ripping them from beneath the surface of the skin you have grown over them. It demolishes your self confidence in ways unimaginable. You feel worthless, invaluable, replaceable.

Worst of all it makes you feel as if you are not good enough, and to me that is the hardest feeling to live with. The most challenging thing to come back from. How do you begin to feel important when the person you loved, whose life is so intertwined with yours, tossed you aside, deeming you as something less and not worthy. Not strong enough. Not pretty enough. Not funny enough. Not good enough to keep.

Cast away.

© 2018 kristen0928


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You move on I guess. It hurts like hell but reality knows it will never be the same.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on January 20, 2018
Last Updated on January 20, 2018

Author

kristen0928
kristen0928

About
I love writing and reading. I have trouble sleeping. I think too much and love too deep. I have too many feelings and ponderings about life, and write therapeutically (as I'm sure most people do) more..

Writing
Running Running

A Poem by kristen0928