Query

Query

A Poem by K.N. Lorenzen

QUERY

 

For Ezra Pound and T.S. Eliot

Who remain dead and indifferent

 

Why must this care

Which is ours only

Why must it live

In such careless places?

 

Our caresses

Under the constant threat

Of growing distance?

 

Why is it only given

These ragged clothes?

These obsolete credentials?

 

Moving through the windswept shelters

Tenants

Under the perpetual suspicion

 

Of the loveless

Landlords


 

24/2/2014

 

© 2014 K.N. Lorenzen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We were born in the images of bull s**t ....they are subliminal inkblots on physiological highs....they smoked crack and wrote notes .....they are fraudulent imposters.... charging us for survival and our time. Don't ask me and I won't tell you .....I just say what I say and squat where I feel need. I'm invested. Till next time.....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think this is one of the best poems I have ever read on this site. Amazing!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Wow!! I am so overwhelmed and thankful, Brittany :) I am very flattered by your incredibly kind word.. read more
I loved the poem. Both Poets with be content with your statements in the poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

My utmost gratitude. Thank you, Coyote :)

K.
Quite wonderful ... KN ... looks like you stumbled into the poet's graveyard ... in your part of the world. Its an incredibly objective view of the experience of man ... viewed in relation to human passions ... and the inability to complete our sense of want with regard to it. I've no doubt that there's a simple reason for it ... but would depend on how we bring ourselves to view and express the phenomenon ... with no complaints ... and praises none. Nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is fantastic, why is it all temporary right? Love the whole thing. Keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Moving through the windswept shelters
Tenants
Under the perpetual suspicion

Of the loveless
Landlords

I blame biology, that drive to procreate, for the inconstancy of love. We are programmed a certain way to up our chances of leaving progeny. Perhaps, we can grow past our programming and find a lasting kind of love. God knows we are pretty adept at leaving progeny.

I was blown away by this write K.N., an abstract piece that leads the reader to understanding rather than veiling it. Hard to do and you did so brilliantly.

a 100 ragged tenants from me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

I am deeply grateful and flattered by the big words, ascribed to my little poem :)
Thanks a lo.. read more
Cleverly constructed and well thought out. I like this a lot from its content to its font and form.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Fabulous tribute you've created here. Your bleak imagery was, for me, quite inspiring:

Moving through the windswept shelters
Tenants
Under the perpetual suspicion

Of the loveless
Landlords

With so few words you bring them to the forefront of our consciousness.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Icelandicblue ! I am deeply honored by your kind words.
Sincerely

K.
This piece is timeless, I could read it again and again, still pondering for answers this poem asks..

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Daydreamer !! If you only knew, how much it means to me :)
Great tribute pen'd here, you set my mind ablaze. Only thing that would have made it better was music. ha ;-) Seriously great stuff!

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Ha!! Thank you, Frieda. I will definitely consider it. What do you think, Mozart's Requiem ???
.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha perfect, for this one you need the greatest! ;-)
K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Once again: Thank you, Frieda :) I really appreciate it!
Three great poets, both Ezra Pound and T.S Eliot and then theres K.N Lorenzen for this was a thought provoking piece. You write about heavier times, modernist movement seemed like yesterday through this poetic cry. Amen to a poetic deliverance like yourself.

Posted 10 Years Ago


K.N. Lorenzen

10 Years Ago

Wow! Thanks for the overwhelmingly kind words!!
I am sincerely grateful :)

K.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

827 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2014

Author

K.N. Lorenzen
K.N. Lorenzen

Copenhagen, Denmark



About
frankness as never before, disillusions as never told in the old days, hysterias, trench confessions, laughter out of dead bellies. - Ezra Pound "Hugh Selwyn Mauberly" more..

Writing
Kisses Kisses

A Poem by K.N. Lorenzen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil