Walking Into Heresy

Walking Into Heresy

A Story by Moneypenny
"

A cross-posting collection of my Ficlets regarding a very odd bookstore by the name of Heresy. A young girl answers an ad for a room for 'rent' above the store and within minutes, is quite sure that the two owners are not exactly, well, normal.

"

Walking Into Heresy (

 

The blond man glanced up from his book at the sound of the front door clicking shut. “Can I help you?”

 

I shook my head. He returned to his reading, and I took a good, long look around me. The shop was no bigger around than my own living room. Yet, the ceiling seemed oddly high for how it had looked on the street. I realized that what I had taken for being a cramped little two-story building was in fact only one floor, with shelves jammed full of books stretching up all the way to the ceiling.

 

“Is there no living space above this floor?”

 

Again, he flicked his eyes up at me without making any attempt at movement. “An attic.”

 

“Oh. But, surely, it isn’t very big, is it? I mean, the advertisement said…” A massive crashing sound came from behind the door to the man’s right. I blinked and took a step back, bumping back into the front door. He sighed, set his book down, and rose from the chair.

 

“Excuse me.” He stepped into the back room, shutting the door behind him.

© 2008 Moneypenny


Author's Note

Moneypenny
Because this is just a collection of ficlets, the story may seem to jump around oddly. Eventually, they will be all rewritten into an actual chapter story. As a result, I'd love to hear opinions about the characters, setting, imagery, etc. so that I can take that all into account before the hardcore writing starts. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on June 12, 2008

Author

Moneypenny
Moneypenny

Olympia, WA



About
25, going on 26 year old college student from Olympia, WA. Fancied myself a writer when I was just a youngster, wrote like crazy for a few years, and then took a very long break wherein I decided it .. more..