Remember

Remember

A Story by k.victoria

I won’t remember today. In twenty years, five years, a year. It will be gone. I won’t remember the wind chimes, or the laughs from the children outside. It will escape my memory that two ambulances and a fire truck have blared past my house. I won’t remember my neighbors banging around next door, or my brother puttering around in the kitchen. This day won’t last in my memory, it will not stick. Because life goes on. And to me, that’s the saddest part. Things happen, things that I couldn’t care to remember �" but they take up space. We always remember the days when things happen. Bad and good. The day of your first heartbreak. The day your best friend told you she was engaged. Those days, they will stick. But the days where nothing happened, nothing fiercely good or bad, those are the days I want to remember, but I won’t. I want to remember lying in bed and just watching very bad television. I want to remember that I drank way too much chocolate milk and ate way too many bowls of ice-cream today. I want to remember that I was woken up at 9 AM, even though it’s Tuesday �" and I have no classes on Tuesdays.
I want to remember that it was a beautiful day. I want to remember the wind chimes, and the children laughing. I want to remember the sound of my neighbors making too much noise, and my brother banging around in our kitchen.

But I won’t.

© 2014 k.victoria


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on April 1, 2014
Last Updated on April 1, 2014
Tags: remember, past, future, life, memory, simple things, content, Tuesdays

Author

k.victoria
k.victoria

Brockville , Canada



About
I'm 26. I havent written in a while but I read every day. more..

Writing
Summary Summary

A Chapter by k.victoria


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by k.victoria