Lived for nothing and died for something

Lived for nothing and died for something

A Story by Kwetsima.M Rikhotso
"

NB. this is not a true story. the writter just imgined people, places and events. whereas the story has been written in a second narrative point of view.

"
               
                            
                

"The drum was beaten for the five times, calling him for an agent remote discussion. when  beaten 6th, without any sight or the sound of his foot steps that was usually a sign that he was approaching.
we became extremely certain that the genous had gone far from the settlement.

"might he be off hunting?"  might he be off bathing down the river   The chiefs words seemed rhethorical.  Ten minutes
later while we were  perplexed with a queer situation, a little bird of unidentical colours of plumage arrived with a high rate of flying and seated  on Vuyo's chair.
It. cried three different types and eventualy formed a rhytheme and that rhytheme was to denote that the veteran had followed the ancestors and he had gone peacefully. But we were unweathy of such a fact.

The late strong man Vuyo"  at approximately 2.1 metres long with black short hair and coffee in colour. He had nothing during his life time, his property was only a chair made up with sticks and ropes. He loved that chair very much but he never died with it, he just left it at the chief's kral
the day he disapeared. Vuyo was a very strong man and he couldn't laugh at all the times, he only had his time to laugh. Nomatter how much interesting was the conversation, he couldn't laugh, they could laugh and laugh and fall down but he couldn't.

Daddy paused a bit with his first narrative point of view and took a short breath,  he asked me to bring him a little calabash that was containing a flue medicine.
He was too ill by the year he told me  about Vuyo's death and he was moving one legg to burial volt.
A short fat man with a potbelly, always holding a stick that no one could ever pepertrate. I love him very much "Mr Duduza"  he was a best narator all over the settlement.
He loved drinking fresh cow milk and meal-corn,
and to the extent that he was a brave man.
I rappadly gave him that calabash , he took atlist 2 sips of that medicine and immedaitely stoped caughing. I was glad that he should procced with the story.. he continued. I bestowed him a myrad of attention cause he was telling a very very old story he had seen him self.

"My son the late Vuyo left the krall too early at about 7:00 am,  he didn't tell any body where he was going. He just walked a long distance barefooted but he didn't  evenhave a cow, a goat or a chicken that we should've said that he was looking after the cattle.
He was just a strong man and he also knew how to kill a hungry lion, he had killed many lions near the chief's krall.
And what was so amazing about him was that he never asked food from some one else but he didn't have pots and food to cook.

Even after the gathering they have a tendecy to eat but he could not eat. he could say "thanks god bless your food".  The whole truth was that Vuyo only used water to survive.
We have spent a couple of days looking for him all around the bush but we find him on day three and he was dead.
he comited suicide, we tried to untie the roap and when we put him down we heared a big noisy voice mumbling something like " Vuyo is dead!! vuyo was just a messenger from god and he was also brought  just to live with the nation and for nothing else. this is how he turns back!!!  you'll never ever see him again.!!!"

we took a long silence being shocked the thunder started to roar and heavy rain had fallen in torents as it never rained for many years. our cattle, donkeys, chicken and other domestic animals were dying every day. we then have rain after vuyo's death.  And perhaps you shouldn't be here if it wasn't for his death that brought a living in the nation. there should be even no lakes and revers where we are getting water now.

This is the story that my late father told me by the year he was very sick

NB. "THE STORY HAS BEEN WRITTEN IN A SECOND NARRATIVE POINT OF VIEW. WHEREAS THE WRITTER kwetsima meshack rikhotso IS USING A SUPPLEMENT OF WIT WHERE HE IMAGINE PEOPLE, PLACECES AND THE EVANTS. THIS IS REALY NOT A TRUE STORY.

© 2015 Kwetsima.M Rikhotso


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on December 4, 2015
Last Updated on December 7, 2015

Author

Kwetsima.M Rikhotso
Kwetsima.M Rikhotso

Giyani, limpopo, South Africa



About
I'm Kwetsima Meshack Rikhotso, and i was born in South Africa.. at Limpopo Giyani town. Babangu village on 16 march 1989 . I started my primary level at Babangu primary school..in 1996. and i did .. more..

Writing