Me

Me

A Poem by WrittenCries

Take one look and what do you see?
At first you see a women, a short women.
You noice the parts where the skins rolls, the long brown hair, and the double chin.
You see the white skin, the brown eyes, and maybe you even see the average chest.
But then you look closer and find another story.
You find someone wanting to change, a strong women with too many fears to fly free.
You see the anxiety and shyness that pours through her veins, uncontrolled by her mind.
You look even closer and see the walls that she begins to build. The ‘keep our’ sign plastered on her heart.
You noticed the sadness, the emotional scars, and the distrust.
You make it past the walls and see a girl, one that is lively, confident, childish, and yet beautiful all the same.
You meet her and instantly become friends, making memories and spending countless hours and years together.
She becomes you children’s godmother, and even part of the wedding party at your wedding.
You grow old watching your children play together, because you took the time to get the understand the person behind the body.
But that never happened,
You take a step back and realize, looking in you never would have seen the women standing in front of you if you didn’t try to.
You became stuck in this view of the outside self, that you never truly got to know the inner her.
She never became your friend because you didn’t think she was worthy.
That girl that you see, is only that way because that is how you make her out to be.
That girl is me.
With layers upon layers, with no end in sight, it’s scary for me, I can’t image what you going through your mind.
I see the give up, the ‘she’s not worth my time’. Because of my appearance people write me off.
And when I try to change, people ask what’s wrong with me, like I’m the issue.
I’m seen as weird of different because I haven’t found myself, and people don’t find time to see the real me.
My walls are built for protection, at least no one has tried to break them down.
I am the girl you see in front of you, the short, brown haired, overweight, women, but yet I am so much more.
So don’t write me off, until you get the know me, the real me.

© 2018 WrittenCries


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on March 7, 2018
Last Updated on March 7, 2018
Tags: Self, me, life, tough

Author

WrittenCries
WrittenCries

About
Just an 18 year old with a lot to work through. more..

Writing
Only 16 Only 16

A Poem by WrittenCries