To Love in The Eyes of a Lover

To Love in The Eyes of a Lover

A Story by Scarlet Love

She almost walked through me in the hall way. I slammed my locker door tight and trudged down the hall to math class. Math was the only class I didn’t have with her. It was the only class I didn’t stare at the back of her head for an hour. On a dime, I turned the corner as my long hair swept put of my eye for a half a second. In class I sat in the back of the room. As the other student listened to the lecture, I completed every subject’s homework for tonight. I was doodling on the back o f my notebook when the bell rang for lunch. I sighed heavily as I collected my things. I’m stuck in a rut, I thought to myself. Every day is exactly the same. I was looking down at my feet as I dragged myself to the cafeteria. A lot of people bumped into my along the way, but this person had her dark hazel colored hair. I looked up as she called out a nonchalant “sorry” And continued walking. “Hey, Sabrina, hold on!” I regretted the words as soon as they slipped innocently off my tongue. She turned and we stared blankly at each other. The other students seemed to disappear. It was like we were alone, just the two of us, for only a moment. “Yes?” she seemed impatient. I stumbled with what I would say. “Uh…” my lips tripped and fell. “I was just wondering if you wanted to do something tonight?” I asked the question hazily, I barley knew what I was saying. She looked back at her group of friends who looked both confused and giggly. She looked back at me, laughed and said “sorry, I’m busy.” She said it with an attitude but her eyes shimmered with sympathy. She turned and rejoined her friends were her voice became another mocking laugh in the group of girls. My eyes glazed over with hot tears ad the cafeteria door slammed closed. My eyes fell towards my feet. My heart felt like it had been ripped out and then thrown back at me. I spun around and quickly started jogging down the hall. I hit the front door of the school hard and kept running. “will she never understand how much I love her!” I screamed as I pelted down the stairs. I ran all the way to my house, but I didn’t make it to the front door.

                I didn’t make it to the other end of the sidewalk either. The black tar of the street melted and sucked me in. There was a truck, there was a car horn, and there was nothing but darkness.

                One eye open, then the next. Open to a dimly lit hospital room. Judging by what I knew about medical treatment, it looked like my ankle had been broken. I turned my head slowly, first to the right, then the left. I gaped at the delicate little dark hazel ballerina who slept softly at the side of my hospital bed. “S-Sabrina?” I managed to choke out. Her eyes looked littered with the remnants of tears. Her eyes fluttered open. She shot up, speechless. I smiled at the site of her twinkling eyes. She threw her arms around me, gently as not to hurt me. It hurt anyway, but I laughed at the pain and she whispered. “I love you to.”

© 2012 Scarlet Love


Author's Note

Scarlet Love
grammar and spelling errors only pleez :) thx!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on September 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 10, 2012

Author

Scarlet Love
Scarlet Love

Philadelphia, PA



About
Hi, my name is Bri and I’m a psychopath. I'm sixteen years old, i'm a pescatarian by choice, .. more..

Writing