kolossus: on human emotion

kolossus: on human emotion

A Story by S. Liberace

My name is Kolossus and I have quite a break-through to tell about. Have you ever heard of Earth? The third dimension's human-world, where beauty flourishes in anything characterized by nature and fertility. That world is unlike ours in its structure, compared to our lack of it.
        I was there once. You should be curious� you may remember one of my essays on the theory of Earth;
�����"A blue sphere of greenery; it is what many call Mother today."

No matter how ridiculously absurd it might sound, it is completely true.
        The "planet" is blue with some sort of substance covering it called water, and the observed green is mainly foliage and some grasses.
        But that is beside the point � we are not looking at the physical Earth. We are going to look at the heart that beats under the ground; we are to peer into the minds of the human natives, and explore some underlying sentimental themes that we may not recognize here among us. This will be presented with personal experience rather than scientific observation, for there is a special ideology to emotion that can not be explained with mathematical formulae.

The process by which we come into the Earthly dimension will be described as "melting", for there is no other way to express the sensation or the display.
        I did have Haruegen, a Nologeacian galaxy compiler, with me, simply to take note of what happened. He also assisted me with scientific equations in order to find a way to "melt" into Earth.
        Now, as for the actual formulae used to "melt" into the human-complex: they can not be distributed, unfortunately, for safety reasons. Molecules are susceptible to separation and destruction when the "melting" process has begun. Let us just say that there was a mediator created and used for this process.
        
On "melting" to Earth, I arrived presumably in some sort of miniature courtyard, laying on top of a small pool of soft, fresh flowers and wet pasture. This was in front of a building structure, which later I found out to be called a "house"� as opposed to our own earthly burrows and tree-dwellings. Palaces exist on Earth, but none that take place in the sky or under their seas.
        There was a creature present, a human female who was considerably short and skeletal. I remember being shocked upon learning that this was, in fact, a girl-child, with thin limbs and a frail body. I thought she seemed both delighted and horrified by my appearance, and I could not distinguish her screams as from excitement or terror. I was sitting up, dismissing this child completely in order to check on my status and dutifully ponder on why I felt both dizzy and heavy. She spoke a strange language and, to my surprise, I understood what she was saying completely.
        "Mom! Mom! There's a monster..."
        I remember sneering at her hostility in choice of word, and when I looked up, I found my head bursting in all things symmetry. The definition of "beauty" was there before me, and it slept within the child's mother. I will call her Nandrith, for her human name bears nothing special � it is awfully bland, and would be difficult to pronounce in our Complex.
        Nandrith came out (and I smile as I write this) flustered and angry.

Here is a picture of her. Nandrith and her daughter. Now, observe the difference in their body structure, and I would like you to also consider their small frames. They are much smaller than those females in our Lotarel Universe � they are also much weaker. Frail, if you will.
        When Nandrith saw me, her expression contorted into bewilderment, horror, and immense curiosity. I knew she would have screamed, were it not for her already hysterical daughter. Therefore, she did not panic, and instead escorted me into her "house". I was stuck in a sort of calm, and instead of trying to speak or explain myself, I remained cooperative and attentive.

© 2009 S. Liberace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on September 21, 2009