all of me x john legend

all of me x john legend

A Poem by laine
"

idk this song was playing in the car and this is what happened

"
The way I feel when that song is playing and your body is near mine but not touching and your mind is wandering God knows where and my mind is trying to play catch up. And I’m sure your heart is beating, your heart is beating somewhere in your chest but I can’t hear it. I know it’s there. I feel you there. I close my eyes and the rhythm of your thoughts is rocking me into a state much sweeter than sleep. My home is far, far, away but I like this much better. I like you more than home. I like you more than I’ve ever liked. You can have all of me if I can have half of you. You can keep all of me and leave me with nothing to show. You can cut me open and rip me up and use my parts for your service and you can leave me broken and stranded. You can kiss my lips one last time before you become the voice of a ghost in the attic. Whatever you want to do, I want you to do it. Whatever you do, it will be worth it because of the way I feel when that song is playing and your body is near mine but not touching and your mind is wandering and someday I might catch up. One day I will catch up.

© 2014 laine


Author's Note

laine
man it's just a thing

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on April 7, 2014
Last Updated on April 7, 2014
Tags: music, inspiration, love, boy, thatsmile, awh, feelings, body, touching, mind, heart, chest, hear, God

Author

laine
laine

sb, IN



About
I am a master of writers block and pretty mediocre poetry/prose. more..

Writing
a beautiful boy a beautiful boy

A Story by laine


sunshine sunshine

A Poem by laine