I came drunk on my first day of job :

I came drunk on my first day of job :

A Story by lanadel
"

drunk on a first day of job, anxiety took over me I drank too much before coming to my workplace on my very first day :( !

"
I was so stressed about my new job which wasnt actually all new!
we moved to a new building, and I was put in a different department! and my boss became my co-worker! 
odd isnt it? well! its a long story!
as a person who suffers from a severe anxiety disorder a new workplace new colleagues, and a new position is already a  nightmare!!! so how about my boss who am so strongly in love with becoming my colleague too??!!
I was literally dying!!!
so I didnt get much of a sleep the night before my first day, and even when I slept I kept dreaming of scenarios bad bad scenarios that might happen to me! such as being called out for something I did wrong infront of my crush-exboss
or being laughed at and made fun of!!
so in the morning I though a shot of tequilla wont hurt! actually it might just make me a little calmer!
so i put my make up gt dressed and then felt like drinking alittle more, u know I had to be stress free for my first day! 
note that I need a full hour and a half to get to the company! I took a taxi and slept all the way through!!
did I mention that I come from a very very conservative community which doesnt even consider drinking in holidays appropriate! how about drinking on the first day of a new job? and for a girl!!!? yea you get the picture!!
so I drank two beers and a glass of whisky and I was READY TO GOO!!!
as I said I slept through the whole one hour and a half ride, the driver had to wake me up when we got there because I was too drunk!!
So I entered the new building, I felt like I had to throw up but tried to keep my self from doing that :S!
I was accompanied to my new desk and was told to introduce my self to my new co-workers!
I stood there with full confidence which I rarely have when am sober!and told everyone what a beautiful intelligent strong girl Iam at first it was nice and funny but then when I started telling them stories about me having a goal of being an astronaut in NASA, and how hot dogs actually changed my  life, it got a little weird! 
so when I got past that embarrassment I sat on my desk and spent a full hour and a half trying to find the button which made my computer work! actually it was already running I just had to move the mouse so it stops the sleep mode!! :
after being helped by the only other girl of our team! I was assigned to do a presentation of a project we have, as a drunk person I thought why not? why not be original? why not make a unique presentation! not a traditional one? 
I now sober know why! : but back then it all made sense! 
I started putting memes and I actually attached a photo of me in the presentation in the "done by " section!!
it was  a photo of me randomly giving thumbs up to a penguin! ( note: the photo was taken on a day which I was also drunk) , I then sent it with full belief and confidence in my self!
I decided to think out of the box!! why not right? well that day I thought alittle bit further than out of the box! 
I couldnt even see the box!( thats how far I got out of the box : )!
A little time wnet by ( I honestly dont remember what I was doing) untill my boss woke me up with his shouting!
I looked around me to see who was yelled at! and saw nothing! then I remembered to look infront of me! and yes he was of course yelling at me! I have no idea what he was saying, but for a drunk person he looked like w singing whale! and I just started laughing like an idiot! he started yelling more, and all of a sudden I stood up and sang ( we are FAMMILYYYY!!) U KNOW WHALES AND STUFF : 
so I was called to his office, and with full confidence I told him that he was too old to understand the concept of my presentation! then my crush-exboss comes in and says that he will sort things out with me! 
and here I said :yea baby lets go spice thing up alittle!!!! with a shock on his face he escorted me outside! it was lunch time and he nervously asked if I was ok? and for some reason I started telling him how carrots can actually end life on planet earth! and how global warming was an idea created by carrots who wanted humans dead!
he laughed a little but couldnt keep himself from worrying! we were then called to an urgent meeting where I fell asleep and was woken up by the boss who hit the table so hard that I woke up screaming YES!!! Iam a communist! : and then I for some reason felt so bad for the table I actually started cuddling with it and saying encouraging words! 
my boss then had enough and told me to step out the meeting! 
when my other colleagues finished the meeting we all sat on our desks and started chatting of course as a drunk person I gave my full honest opinion about each one of them! ( personality+ looks) and may I mention that they were mostly negative?! :
So yeah everyone pretty much hated me from the first day! 
at the end of the work day, alcohol started to go away and I began having terrible headaches! and started feeling dizzy too! at the end of the day I was getting ready to leave when I accidentally hit my head on the wall! and really fell! my crush rushed to help me and here I was fully sober! ( hit influence : ) flashbacks of the day started coming to me and I felt like throwing up! my crush calmed me down and took me to the patio! eberyone one left and he brought me a cup of coffee! he thought I needed one ( YAA THINK????) anyway we sat and talked I was extremely embarrassed and felt like dying as memories of the day started to come back to me! as shocking as it may sound! my crush-exboss was very understanding! he told me it was okay! and that I should give it another tr tomorrow! as I thought about it I messed up too much already why not mess alittle more right? so as I lovingly listened to his advice I told him how great he was and leaned to kiss him! ( remember : conservative community!)
surprisingly he leaned back!
and the rest of the story will be in my next writing ;)   

© 2016 lanadel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on September 27, 2016
Last Updated on September 27, 2016
Tags: drunk, job, first, day, anxiety, stress

Author