Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison

A Poem by Lana

I leave roses for the dead, I roam the streets, unfed, Unwanted, undesired, and I shed A few tears of joy when I lay down a rose On the grave of Jim Morrison, A long-gone singer dead, Surrounded by all the curious ones Who stare at the decay of a star, A brief light in the sky Who danced until it was too dark, And no one cries, They just stare at his grave As his corpse lies Unfed, Unwanted, Undesired, Dead.

I leave roses for the dead, I roam the streets, unfed, Like a living doll whose heart is not fully beating hard. It is only a glass ball bouncing off the walls, Slowly but surely landing on a river, The river of no return, And it dissolves When summer comes, I turn into syrup, And only ants ever care to consume my substance, You see, I am only sugar.

I leave roses for the dead, The ones who roam the cemeteries, unfed, Unwanted, undesired, they don't dance. When it gets light, they beg on their knees and pray For the dark to take the hole-less roof over their heads, To fill the holes with the holy dance of God. They beg to believe in the idea of divine power And its love that floats in the thin air, Like a bad joke, they laugh at it, then wholly embrace it, Like a dog seeking love, lying on the floor, Wanting nothing more in the world than comfort.

Oh, Jim Morrison, You have my undying love

© 2023 Lana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"You know that it would be a lie
You know that it would be untrue
If I were to say to you...."
Jim brought in a whole new sound with that melodic bass played on the foot pedals of an organ.
And what of that ending, wondering, perhaps too late, of a divine power that will sweep down and take them away to a better place.
Excellent work, loved it, and Morrison too.

Posted 3 Months Ago


Lana

3 Months Ago

Thank u for ur review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2023
Last Updated on December 19, 2023
Tags: life, death, poetry

Author

Lana
Lana

Writing
Isn't it funny? Isn't it funny?

A Poem by Lana


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Lana