The Second One AM

The Second One AM

A Story by Marie Cecilia
"

Mostly true story of five friends having the time of their lives on the night of daylight savings time.

"

The Second One AM

We stepped out into the chilly October night. The cool breeze nipped at our noses, but we pressed on. Even knowing then what I know now, I would've done it all over again.

I had snuck a cheap bottle of booze out of my parents house and brought it to Casey's sleepover party. It was Halloween. I was still with the boy I swore I'd marry one day, the older college guy. Caroline had picked me up after his party. Needless to say, I was already wasted. What was life without a little risk?

When we got to Casey's, we fired up a game of Never Have I Ever and Truth or Dare. It was probably around midnight when the rest of the girls were thoroughly drunk. We were giggling, laughing, and for once, it seemed none of had a reason to be sad, or angry, or even scared. I know everyone preaches about the dangers of alcohol, but that night we lived, maybe for the first and last time.  Everyone needed a little escape, even if it just came from a cheap bottle of wine.

After a few sips, we were all free from earthly chains. Our lives didn't seem so uncontrollable, everything seemed to make sense, just for a little while.

We left the house a little after midnight. I don't remember too much of it, but I do remember wearing Casey's oversized shoes to walk around the barely lit town. It looked so different in the night. Almost like being in a ghost town. Besides our light conversation, occasional laugh, and not at all graceful foot steps, there was no sound whatsoever. It was as if even all of the creatures had gone to sleep.

The moon shined down on us, creating just enough light for us. The cool air began to sober us up. Reality began to sink back in. Where we were, where we were going.

© 2016 Marie Cecilia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on March 9, 2016
Last Updated on March 9, 2016

Author

Marie Cecilia
Marie Cecilia

About
Hi there, I'm a junior in high school. I also have depression, anxiety, anorexia, and insomnia. I love authors such as John Green, Ellen Hopkins, Ernest Hemingway, Walt Whitman, and Charles Bukowski. more..

Writing