Entitlement re Denial

Entitlement re Denial

A Poem by Larry Dyson
"

freeflow form poetry.

"

Something I always search for...total denial to acquisition of things in Maya...obtaining beauty at the hand of others and my own as I learn to magnify the natural beauty on and in the ways of the earth...

why I see white buffalo calf woman as the personification of the Christ impulse...

 and the aruna diety in the beauty of the Godesses and Gods...

 

do you agree?...

about giving up all possessions to see what the earth gives you....

I believe the Bible scripture and the Rigvedas bear out that as the sparrow of the earth is provided for and the arrow of truth is set free unguided except by the heart ...

it will always strike true to the absolute "need"..never the wants(hence the phalasy of )...

 

"entitlement"...verdad?

© 2011 Larry Dyson


Author's Note

Larry Dyson
my musings on the reality of Denial ...as opposed to Entitlement

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deep and profound. almost a prose. I enjoyed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


My Dear Writing Friend,
A very thought provoking write that I mused for some time. You through a word at me I was unfamiliar with. It being “Rigvedas”, I am still not sure of its meaning. I thought if I knew its definition your write might even have deeper meaning.
It seems true we are receive our needs, and not our wants. My thought on this is I should always strive to base my wants on what I need and nothing more. Trying to keep it simple with a lot of gratitude. I really enjoyed your write.

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


Posted 12 Years Ago


I understand partially. I believe that the path of the Buddha disproved that denial could help you attain enlightenment. Living in a state of total lustful desire in which you never deny yourself of anything is also not the path. The middle path of flowing with what you have is closer to the right way to live. It is the PRESENT that we are entitled to, and that is all. What we do with that PRESENT is the only freedom we have. The past is unchangable and the future is never here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


To give up everything can actually be quite freeing in life, but many of us can't do that. To be able to live off the land like NA use to and some still do would be a great spiritual and freeing experience. It would allow us to open up our minds to a different way of thinking. I love this poem and they way it speaks to the heart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


verdad...

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011
Tags: vedas, rig, bible

Author

Larry Dyson
Larry Dyson

Tomball /Magnolia, TX



About
WARNING!!--- my writing approaches Mature most of the time, read with caution if you are concerned ,or so WC thinks? - I'm a retired southern woods walker..who writes and lives modestly..I love n.. more..

Writing