All is Fair in Love and Death

All is Fair in Love and Death

A Story by LoraLi
"

My experimenting with a voice similar to that of "Diary of an Oxygen Thief". My brief thoughts on love, death, and the s****y stuff in-between.

"

During one’s lifetime, I am strongly inclined to believe that we encounter more than one “love of our life”.  Don’t misunderstand what I am saying, however.  There will always be the one, but there will also be the other ones. The other ones are easily just as important, and far less destructive.  You see, the one can do things to you that no other power in existence could.  No force, regardless of its origins, could exert a comparable power on you that that one person could.  It just can’t.  It has to be this way, I hope you understand that.  In order for there to exist a balance in the universe, there must be forces mightier than others, forces that can cause you to do crazy, stupid, wonderful, impulsive, destructive, lovely things.  Oh, those stupid, lovely things. These are things that you can’t possibly be made to understand, until you understand.  No melodic string of felicitous words could cause you to understand.  No.  This is one of those things that you must delve into, firsthand, whether for the good or bad.  You must.  No looking back.  For sometimes, the regret can be the most poetic part of it all.

 

     These multiple, the ones, can come into your life in many strange lifeforms.  The best friend.  The other half.  The soulmate.  The partner.  All of this is dripping in a bitter-sweetness that I know of all too much.  I am not fond of this.  See, it is utterly impossible for you to know the significance a person has on your life until they have disappeared.  While you may have some abstract grasp on it, you will never fully understand the importance of a person until you no longer have that person and their profound influence in your life.  That what makes it all so bleak.  As soon as you begin to understand the richness that soul injected into the dismalness that was your life, they are already gone.

 

     This naturally proposes a very practical, and logical question.  A question I don’t blame you at all for asking.  Why?  Why fall in love?  Why form a friendship?  Hell, why make connections at all if the whole thing ends in so much despair?  Because without our connections we lose our humanity altogether.  There is no point in being a human, alive on this Earth, if you cannot form bonds with other living, breathing, Earth-living human beings.  It is the whole point.  The point of life. To meet a person, fall in love, lose the person, realize how much you loved the person, and then die.  The order is crucial, for the same steps out of order do not make any sense at all.  It is human nature to complete the steps in such a way that ends in a great amount of pain.  Pain is the most raw and natural thing we are capable of feelings.  Without pain there is no absence of pain, and the absence of pain is very important.  Thus, as we continue existing as human beings on this Earth, it is inevitable that we will continue spiraling down this never-ending path of self-inflicted pain.  But that’s not really the point.

 

     After all, we would not cause such pain to ourselves if the reward wasn’t ten-fold.  Just ask a mother with more than one child.  We do it because the blinding splendor of falling in love is so intoxicatingly beautiful to us that we literally cannot help but fall into its tight clutches.  Its inescapable clutches.  Literally.  Once you are in love, there is no undoing it.  Love is one of those things that once you realize you’re in it, its already too late.  This love will ultimately shape your life into what it is destined to become.  Love is what truly runs the planet, and those who genuinely believe it is money instead are idiots blinded by the sweet lies of those green pieces of papers.  You see, those people are the ones truly in pain.  They never feel love, they never feel heartbreak, they never feel anything.  I believe the absence of feeling anything at all is a far more painful state than feeling pain itself.  At least when you feel pain you know you are alive.  Even when you wish you were dead, you are far more alive than those who have never been in love.  This is universal truth.

 

Listen, before it’s too late. 

© 2017 LoraLi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on November 16, 2017
Last Updated on November 16, 2017
Tags: teen, nonsense, contemporary, romance, monologue, love, life, death

Author

LoraLi
LoraLi

FL



About
My brain is full of nonsense thoughts, this is it on paper. more..