A Mother's Present A Father's Gift

A Mother's Present A Father's Gift

A by le_alexander
"

I wrote this motivational speech a couple days after Christmas. I am using it as a catalyst to make some type of difference in our world. If you are tired of letting opportunities to make a difference in this world pass you by, this speech is for you.

"

      My Buddhist Master once said, “The only time you cannot accomplish anything is when you tell yourself that you cannot do anything” (Buddhist Master, Venerable Thay Thich Giac Minh, San Jose, CA, 2008). Ladies and Gentlemen, there is no such thing as “I cannot do that” or “I cannot do this.” Those “I cannot do” moments only exist in our minds, not in our reality. There is always a point where moving forward seems so hard. There is always a point where jumping over the next hurdle seems impossible. There is always a point where reaching that intended goal seems out of reach. However, if we take a step back, during those moments, we will see that it is hard, impossible, or out of reach only, because we said to ourselves that I cannot continue or move on. If we did not talk to ourselves that way, not being able to move on or forward, not being able to jump over the next hurdle, and not being able to reach that intended goal would not exist, “Do you agree?”

      We need to be a friend to our doubts, our fears, our insecurities, our lack of confidence, and so on, to fully value our life; our very existence. Imagine…waking up in the morning being able to identify with the negative constructs that you adopted as part of your life cycle on this earth. Envision…not becoming surprised when the negative feelings that you created for yourself have no bearing because you have realized that those feelings are under your control, not the other way around. Comprehend… that those I “cannot do moments” only exist because you said so to yourself, "It is the way it is," without remembering that anything is achievable.

      Time is valuable. Time is valuable because it is a reminder to us, reminding us that, there is time to make the best out of anything. There is no such thing as, “I do not have enough time” or so on. Think about it, if we have time to stop whatever we are doing to decide that we do not have enough time, we unknowingly proved to ourselves, that there is still time. No matter what, how we think determines the value of our time.

      Because our time is valuable to us, we cannot let it pass by without worth. Because controlling our life is crucial to our self-control and making a difference in this world, we have to remain in control. We have to lead our time, lead away from negative self-talk, and no longer pay attention to our “I cannot do” moments. We need to own everything and not let anything affect our well-being. How can we be mad when we own mad? How can we be sad when we own sad? How can we not move on when we own moving on? Once we own something, we have ownership of it; we control it…not the other way around.

      Through owning, we are able to acknowledge and let go of the causes to our suffering. Owning what makes us move forward, jump over the next hurdle, or reaching that intended goal…reminds ourselves that anything is possible. Once we let go of our “I cannot do” moments, our doubts, and fears; we are unstoppable. Once we reach down to the depths of our very core, and say to ourselves, “I own everything”. Once we reach down to the depths of our core and say to ourselves, “I can accomplish anything”. Once we reach down to the depths of our core and say to ourselves, “I have the power over my time; time does not have the power over me”… we truly become free.

      Once free, we no longer have to sit there and have our “I cannot do” moments take up most of our time. We no longer have to limit our potential. We no longer have to let our doubts, insecurities, and worries plague our existence. We no longer have to just dream, because with our freedom…there is only doing…no dreaming. Finally, once free, the sky will never be our limit. This is a present for my mother and a gift for my father...this is a gift for you as well. Thank you.

Speech Written By: Alexander M. Le on December, 27, 2008

Copyright ©2008 Alexander Michael Le

 

© 2009 le_alexander


Author's Note

le_alexander
Please provide feedback. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very true, there is no such thing as "I can't do this", also time IS valuable and we don't have a lot of it. This is all very true, excellent writing, nice job!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on January 14, 2009
Last Updated on January 23, 2009

Author

le_alexander
le_alexander

San Jose, CA



About
I am 30 years old residing in Downtown San Jose. I am a SJSU student majoring in Communication Studies. I am close to my family and have a good group of friends. Main goal in life is to make a differe.. more..

Writing