The Calling

The Calling

A Book by Leah Elisabeth
"

This is the sequel to Await the Dawn. Again, it was written many years ago, so don't expect a lot of maturity.

"

Chapters


© 2008 Leah Elisabeth


Author's Note

Leah Elisabeth
The world below is flooded in an unearthly silver light. Shadows are clear cut in the milky whiteness. The Moon beams trickle through the leaves in a luminescent waterfall. It smiles down, and the elusive beauty of Zintar is shown in the light of the moon; the beauty that is hard to see when the sun�s harsh rays bake the land; disguising all in light or shadow.
The moon calls. It draws many to the skies and to the inner depths where they feel the calling. Once the mind follows that inward path, there is no return and the dark side is reached. The Darkness there surrounds them and it hangs about those who succumb to it, never to leave them fully alive again. The moon is a snare, a beautiful trap. You cannot see the darkness behind. He who is Nameless calls them. He gathers all darkness to himself, promising things he never intends to fulfill. The beauty of the moon, in all its glowing intensity, is what calls them. They dance beneath the moon, rejecting El, the God of their fathers. Yet El still loves and believes. He will not turn from his people, no matter how far they stray. He could force them to return with his great power, yet he waits for his people to see the light and return to him on their own. He gave them a gift, long ago, and so they are able to choose whom they will serve. To El�s sorrow, many choose to reject him, but he knows that not all will follow the Nameless One in worshiping the glory of the moon. There are still a few who are faithful, and so he has waited patiently for this moment, for those who are called to recognize their calling and obey.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

412 Views
Added on December 29, 2008

Author

Leah Elisabeth
Leah Elisabeth

About
I am a young woman who keenly enjoys the beauty of a well-turned phrase. I believe that life without the spoken or the written word would be very empty indeed. My life is filled with song and story .. more..

Writing
Minion Minion

A Story by Leah Elisabeth


Lazarus Lazarus

A Story by Leah Elisabeth