Perspicillum

Perspicillum

A Story by Apple Green Sprite

They said life is obscene. I don't know. I know nothing about that. I just know something happened to me and the rest of my story has changed. 

I was playing with my dolls when somebody invited me to go out of my home. I didn't know this man but he has tantalizing eyes and a capturing smile. I smiled, too. He was wearing a black fleeced jacket and tight pants. An old man. With a Hershey's chocolate in his hand, he told me to come with him. He said we will go to a place where there is free- I can't remember, uhm freedom? I looked at him and I asked him speculatively what freedom is. He just looked back, so I faked a smile-- It left me thinking. Hey, what is that? is it food? is it sweet too? No answer came out from my mind but I'm sure it could not be found in my room or with my dolls or in our living room where Daddy always scold me to death. He was holding my left hand and, I, the chocolate on my right hand. It's squeezed. We silently continued walking. 

We went to a park. It's lovely but I can say children like me will not enjoy here. I think. There was a pavement beside the old bench where I hesitantly sat with him. "This is freedom." "--Finally, you speak!" I sighed. He grinned enormously, as I expected. This? I wrinkled my brows as I force myself to see clearly what's in front of me. "Everything is blurred..." I begged. I haven't told him-of course, it was our first meet by the way-- I have 
a vague vision since childhood. This was the case that I was and am suffering ever since in my life but I never thought that'd be an upshot of reading my storybooks every night in my dark room-this, I didn't think would be a knot but now. 

So while looking at me, without a word he pulled out an eyeglasses from the left side of his jacket and gave it to me. Yes, an eyeglasses, a frame with two lenses to correct defective vision. To correct me. Maybe there's something in life that my eyes need to see or maybe there's something somewhere out there that's somehow hidden. I finally wore it on. It hurts my eyes first while it slowly get used to the warmness of these lenses and, for the first time in forever, I was able to see clearly what's behind my walls. It is something I could never find in there nor in my storybooks or with my dolls, not even in the living room where I used to cry and be safe at the same time. 

I glanced to my left and to my right and memorized every little details i ever saw in there where I emotionally left the old man and built my castles in a daydream. I was amazed. And refreshed. I was quickly awakened from that fantasy when the old man touched me unkindly on my hand while he forced me to go somewhere. Somewhere I did not know will end. Somewhere that changed and beheaded my ideals to life forever. 

He got me naked and wined me with drunkenness. It's dark and dreary and I do not understand why is he so happy as hell to let me indulge in him. I'm wasted. I'm lost. It's like a monster inside me that I did not have any chance to let go but accept, that I wished I did not know and I wished I was not aware of. With those eyeglasses, I saw how cruel he can be and how devastated I can be. With those lenses, I saw him and he knew me. I instantly missed home so much. The place where no one can hurt me but my Daddy but I know it was only for good, where nothing can keep me safe but my storybooks and my dolls. In my home, I was a bliss. And with these eyeglasses, I am dead. Dead for real. 

This is the naked truth in my life that in a blink of an eye, I have to be ended. I was born in my birthday suit and died me in it once more. This is the story of my short lived life taken away through sadness. My name is Innocence. And they said his name is Curiosity. Well, somebody said life is obscene. Now, I know.

© 2015 Apple Green Sprite


Author's Note

Apple Green Sprite
Hey there! After my friends and I talked about things which made us conclude that innocence is a bliss, I came up with this elicit story. I hope you'll like it! :)
P.S. I'm a tyro here, please be smooth with your comments. LOL :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very emotive story, well told except you need to check some of your grammar, some of the language is even more poetic for its slight mistakes or is made beautiful by the slightly unusual turn of phrase you use :) keep writing do send me more, I will always review someone's work when they have reviewed mine :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Apple Green Sprite

8 Years Ago

thank you for this William. :) I appreciate your review. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2015
Last Updated on June 8, 2015

Author

Apple Green Sprite
Apple Green Sprite

Philippines



About
I love green. more..

Writing