Dear Friends

Dear Friends

A Poem by Led It Be
"

a letter

"

 

How we have done a fantastic job of squandering the present moment for the delectable things we knew were on their way. For just a blink, had any of us observed the unfolding of our delights as they occurred and faded into the next? Did we glance about the room at one another in pure understanding and acceptance, or did the ceaseless moment appeal more to us? I often consider our gatherings, whether big or small, and am intrigued to know what each of us had burning behind our eyes. All of the thinking we did about our next adventures were wasteful compared to Enjoying what was right in front of us. For it was the key to happiness among same-minded individuals such as us to enjoy every perfectly told story, every silly face, and every strange interaction with people not belonging to our personal reality.

Tonight, remember to never count any of these things as miniscule because they are the foundation of a beautiful union of friends that has changed the course and timing of each of our lives. You all have taught me that your tribe has nothing to do with blood and absolutely everything to do with the places your soul can reach. Even now, I fear the changing of tides in our tribe’s ocean but I accept all the life it has brought to my shores and I am grateful for it forever.

© 2018 Led It Be


Author's Note

Led It Be
Should I send it to my friends?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on November 8, 2018
Last Updated on November 8, 2018
Tags: letters, letters to friends, love letters

Author

Led It Be
Led It Be

Louisville, KY



About
"Youre an old soul" ; something I have been told since the day I started forming sentences. I always believed there was something different about me, but not necessarily something special. I guess I s.. more..

Writing
She Drives She Drives

A Book by Led It Be