THE LOST ROAD

THE LOST ROAD

A Poem by lei

I came back from a journey

travelled the mountains and valleys

crossed the oceans and rivers

and grateful when the sun is set

i can lay my back down to the ground

 

Now another course is set to walk

to the valleys where darkness reigns

to the path were no one dares to cross

to the oceans where no ship dares to sail

Now, where am I to go?

© 2012 lei


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A familiar feeling... When you've seen the world and it's wonders, and come upon the realization of your own finiteness, where do you go indeed. Succinct, and a pleasurable read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Always up for the challenge of the unknown and the adventure of bold and new places. Reminds me of the road less traveled, but with more adventure than questioning. Speaking of which I liked the rhetoric quip at the very end.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Easy to lose direction. Need to stop and figure out what you need and want. I like the journey and the questions at the end of this poem. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Perhaps the roads you have travelled up until now have not been a challenge for you. And now it is time to spread your wings, face your fears, and find out what you are truly made of. Wonderfully written, thought-provoking write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


follow you heart and you will find it

Posted 12 Years Ago


I've been feeling homesick for my birthplace recently. Your poem makes me think even more about where I am from. Yet I don't feel I can go back there just yet. I have something to do first. And what will I feel when I do go back to lay my back down on home ground?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lei,

you fill my thoughts with yours in a easy flowing, rhythmical manner. The aftertaste of this is smooth and dreaming.



Posted 12 Years Ago


Simple but with a great message, clever and flows perfectly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


a poem that draws out the thinking. On a path, yet not sure at a crossroads? I like the depth of this. it is beautiful.
Don

Posted 12 Years Ago


Do they represent challenges in your life recently that you have faced and over come...but that you have been so busy doing that...that when they finished you have no idea what to do now..(that being the lost road)?? It was a very mind scratching poem for me...I may have related to it differently than you indended.. but that was what I saw when I looked deeply into the words you penned down. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

743 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2012
Last Updated on March 4, 2012

Author

lei
lei

Philippines



About
a wanderer in search of something... more..

Writing
sunshine sunshine

A Poem by lei


Hello February Hello February

A Poem by lei



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..