Ebony Princess

Ebony Princess

A Story by Liefje

His tears shined like spider’s silk in the milky glow of the waning moon’s beams as they rolled down his inky dark skin. They caught at his nose and lips, and trickled down his chin. He leaned his head backwards, bathing his face in moonlight and casting harsh shadows around his sharp profile, and he howled wretchedly at the starless night sky. His tears changed course now, streaming into his ears and across the back of his neck. His ululations echoed woefully off of the stone walls of the cursed maze that surrounded him, and he was crying in earnest now, and he was wondering how he could ever stop, if he would just have to keep on living in this dreadful miserable state of perpetual hopelessness, because there was no way to fix it this time and nothing he could do could bring her back because he had lost her, he had lost her in a place where nothing was ever found, and it was all his fault. He had lost his ebony princess and she was not coming back.

© 2013 Liefje


Author's Note

Liefje
Another story fragment... I may turn it into something bigger later
As always, any and all constructive criticism is welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So heart-breakingly sad and lyrical- fantastic writing as usual! X) I would love to see it in a bigger story!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Liefje

10 Years Ago

Thanks!
EverleafOwl

10 Years Ago

Very welcome! X)
GORGEOUS. I can visualize the whole thing and I feel his agony. You've succeeded in capturing my interest; I want to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Liefje

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I definitely want to turn it into something bigger... maybe I can combine it with my Sharp s.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 29, 2013
Last Updated on March 29, 2013

Author

Liefje
Liefje

NY



About
It seems as though you've stumbled across my humble little corner of the internet. Find yourself a comfy arm chair and stay a while if you'd like. more..

Writing
Aging Sorrows Aging Sorrows

A Poem by Liefje


Starstuff Starstuff

A Poem by Liefje