Save Me

Save Me

A Story by Madeleine Acton
"

I did a photoshoot with my dear friend TJ Drysdale and this is the short story, depicting what is occurring during the set.

"

“Sweet little swallow, why do you stay here when you are so free… the world belongs to you, while I belong to the world. Save me from these eternal days, please, I beg of you. I am so alone. The loneliness bleeds through my veins,” she heavily sighed “no one should be so lonesome”

Tears began to stream down her face. A face so beautiful and so lovely now read the years of despair.

“Life has been so cruel to me”

She sauntered past, laughing mockingly. Her veil swayed gently, back and forth �" billowing in the wind.

“You don’t know loneliness,” tormenting herself “My heart aches for those who are lonely. I live each day in menacing seclusion; wishing, hoping, praying for salvation, but yet, nothing. I wasn’t always so alone. I loved, once, long ago. Life coursed through my being. There was meaning and happiness, long ago.”

A flock of birds passed above, singing their melancholic song.

“Go,” she hissed “go with the ones who love you. Leave me alone, as they all do”

She frantically motioned for her sparrow to fly away.

“You pity me by listening to my woes; I don’t need your sorrow. GO”

She threw dirt at the sparrow, making her fly away.

“Go, be free, for me”

The bride wallowed in her solitude. She embraced the silence between her gasps of misery, while the misery echoed throughout. The silence calmed her. Her life, once flourishing with love, now withered with heart ache.

 “I will love you until I die” she whispered to her love. He drew sweet nothings from her lips. “Never forget me” he spoke. With a glance and a kiss, he captured her.  He promised her the world, she promised her foolish heart.

“Please, let me go. Please, oh please, let me go” tears streaming down her face. She clutched her chest, letting out a scream.

She wandered in a search for her salvation. The wind suddenly breathed around her and caressed her cheek, moving her veil to speak.

“Let go” it muttered in her ear.

 “Who said that?”

“Let go”

The waves began to cascade ferociously. She wildly glanced around. Breathing heavily, her thoughts ran amok. The wind gusted, entwining her.

“Let go, and begin again”

Those words resonated within her.

The shore moved towards her, tickling her feet. She smiled, running into the sea. She plunged herself in, losing her breath as she swam outward. The water began to choke her, burying her in the tide. The embrace felt so soothing. Sensations of hope and liberation began to overwhelm her. It had been so long since she felt so alive. She gazed up at the sky, once more, as her sparrow flew overhead. She spoke, in a faint whisper with a gleam in her eyes, “save me”

© 2015 Madeleine Acton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on December 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 16, 2015
Tags: loneliness, short story, solitude, heartbreak

Author

Madeleine Acton
Madeleine Acton

Tampa Bay, FL



About
My infatuation with the spoken word will never cease. more..

Writing