Disappointed

Disappointed

A Story by K Chua

Expectation Vs. Reality-- when we are faced with a new event, we try to predict the different outcomes it may offer-- from best to worst case scenario, just to mentally prepare ourselves. However, this can also be applied to people, as is the case for me. I have a lot of expectations for the people I love, and I will be loving in the near future. For instance, I imagine my husband to be tall, rich, and fit--but that's not all; I also expect him to be loving, kind, wise, and God-fearing... and then I met you, and I must say, I'm rather disappointed. Not with you, but with my self. You didn't meet my expectations-- you exceeded them. You are even better than my expectations. How stupid can I be to box you in those categories? How naive am I to believe that you will stay that way forever? I did not see you coming my way, trying to tear down the categories I've set you in. You are far too strong and bold to be caged. When I met you, i realized that I was no longer looking at a man, but a universe--my universe. You are full of both brightness and darkness, as I am. You are a sight to behold, a reason to wake up to every single day. You are full of unexplored frontiers, and I am willing to spend my whole life discovering those. So what if you're not tall or rich? I know you'll always have something special to compensate with what you lack, and that's fine with me. When I met you, I realized that with my expectations, I must be looking for a saint-- but even saints aren't perfect. It's what makes them special-- their sense of unpredictability. With these being said, I've never been happy to be disappointed. Although you aren't exactly what I wanted to be, you've always been exactly what I would love you to be. No, I am not disappointed, but if I am, then I only want to be disappointed by you.

© 2017 K Chua


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on June 4, 2017
Last Updated on June 4, 2017

Author

K Chua
K Chua

Writing
If Only If Only

A Poem by K Chua


For You For You

A Story by K Chua