A Moment of Truth

A Moment of Truth

A Story by Alexis
"

A spooky story written for my Social Studies class.. Enjoy

"
Everyone in the colonies had heard the legend of Tigiris. Tigiris was a shape-shifter who moved from colony to colony, every few decades. No one knew what he ate, but some say when a rich man is found missing, Tigiris has "found a nest."
And over the course of his appearance, many wealthy colonists are found dead of missing. A rumor was, every 31st of October, Tigiris feeds on as many humans as possible.
Many say that Tigiris is responsible for "The Accident in Little Town, Pennsylvania." If you must know, the accident occurred only ten years back, on the 31st of October.
Colonial William Hend had just gotten home from the bar. When he walked inside, it was pitch black - no candles were lit.
"Hello?" he called out.
No answer. Colonial Hend glided down the first hallway, in search for a light source. He struck a match and finally lit a candle.
Looking up from the candle, a shadowy figure fled across, into his son's room.
"Hello?" Colonial Hend's voice started trembling. He grabbed the candle and paced to the room where the creature was.
"Who are you? And why are you in my house?" the candle blew out, and the room instantly became freezing. An ugly laugh ripped the silence as a body stepped into the moonlight.
"Hello Mr. Andrews. I've been expecting you." Tigiris' smile showed giant, pointy teeth. Blood surrounded his lips , and he walked towards Mr. Andrews.
"What a lovely family you had, Mr. Andrews." his smile stretched half way up his face, causing Mr. Andrews to flinch at the terror.
"What have you done?" Mr. Andrews rubbed his arms, trying to warm his skin.
Tigiris' eyes grew dark,"Oh, Mr. Andrews! It's not what I have done, but what you have."
"Please, that's not my name. My name is Colonial William Hend."
"But Mr. Andrews," Tigiris smiled even bigger, "your family is waiting for you. Why don't you came with me and let's take a visit to Anthony."
"H-hh-how do you know that name!?"
"Well, your looking at him, Mr. Andrews."
"Anthony! Is that you? Oh my, how's your mom?"
"Don't try going all "Dad-is-innocent" with me now. You should be worried about your other family at this point."
"Why, what's wrong?" Mr. Andrews looked around the room, "Maryanne! Toby! Hello!" He shouted out.
"They can't hear you Mr. Andrews." A sly sound came into Tigiris' voice. He zoomed in front of Mr. Andrews and tilted his head sideways, pressing his teeth against Mr. Andrews' flesh.
Mr. Andrews screamed out, "Please... No, don't-" and the teeth sank in.
By morning, not one body lay alive. Each corpse had an identical teeth marks in one shoulder, blood running down the drains.

© 2013 Alexis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on October 28, 2013
Last Updated on October 28, 2013

Author

Alexis
Alexis

St.Louis, MO



About
- I accept all criticism, for that's what makes a writer improve. - - I accept all reading requests. - I am 21 and LOVE to write. I live in Missouri, United States, working full time as a depart.. more..

Writing
Anymore Anymore

A Poem by Alexis


Alive Alive

A Poem by Alexis