New Starts

New Starts

A Story by Were Just Kids
"

A heartbreaking Love story

"

There once was a girl… when this girl was in 8th grade she was top of her math class and some others, she beat everyone almost at so many games in math, and had all the assignments done before everyone, even before the teacher got to the second lesson of the day. She wrote all of her assignments in cursive. She had A’s and B’s and a single C, she graduated with an A or 97% in math, which made her parents happy because according to them that was all that mattered.

            This girl liked everyone almost, of course as I know in we all have our days were we hate everyone and just want to go home and take nap... but then this girl had just graduated 8th grade and she was so excited. To start at her new school, she could not wait!

            She went through all of the summer studying and being an over achiever, but then she started forgetting things. There were many things that happened to this girl between kindergarten and then but nothing that could have cause this. So she studied more and more, but it didn’t work. So she thought she needed a long break.

            When freshmen year came, she couldn’t remember very much, she was still good, but she wasn’t as good as she thought. So she just went with it. Until she was older, she found someone and they started caring for her, because it got really bad as time went by. She could barely remember anything so she wrote everything down. She told her parents, but it didn’t do anything… a lot kept happening to her everything from pain, to bleeding, to quicker memory loss. To it got to the point where the only thing she could remember…was that someone. Until one day it got too much… that someone rushed her to the hospital. He never left her side for many, many weeks. Until she made him promise to go home, take a shower, and eat some real food, and go to work for a day, he agreed… on his way out he told her, “don’t forget me, never end loving me, don’t forget me, don’t forget the times we have and the times we just lay together and stare deep into each others eyes and I said I loved you, because it is a fact that I love you!” she replied laughing, “ how can I forget the reason why I smile and still have love in my life? I love you forever now go home.” He walked out the door.

            The next day he got a call from the hospital, without answering it and hesitation he rushed to the hospital not even caring about the law, he arrived… she was gone. She wrote a not to him, it said, “ Hey, don’t be sad, the only time a goodbye is painful is when you know you’ll never say hello again, but his is no goodbye, “If nothing saves me from death, may love at least save me from life,” Pablo Neruda, this is my favorite quote because you did save me from everything, including myself, I love you, including now when I am gone, I’m with you. I love you sweets, goodnight.” He collapsed to the floor… the doctor told him her last words were his name…. she kept her promise to not forget him... Years when by and he was sent to the hospital that she died at, in the same room… his last words were part of a song, “ I’ve been beaten down, I’ve been kicked around, but she takes it all for me. I lost my faith, in my darkest days, and she makes me want to believe, they call her love,” by parachute…

© 2016 Were Just Kids


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very touching story, your words brought tears to my eyes ..... your expression is very moving, excellent piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Added on December 14, 2016
Last Updated on December 14, 2016