Happiness is Perception

Happiness is Perception

A Poem by Leah

If I'm going to fall as far down as I can go, I want you to grab my hand and come with me. If I am going to make the biggest mistake I want it to be you. If I'm going to be happy forever I need to realize happiness comes to those who never think of more. Content is an ability.

What do I know? What am I doing? Where do I want to go? Why do I stay here? How can I expect so much and so little at the same time. It's easy to act as if it's all fine but I can't stay here.

You don't know me. But how could you? I never gave you a chance. I don't know me. How could I? I never gave myself the courtesy. I know who you think I am and I know what I want you to know. But then there's reality. My reality is my perspective.

I'm lost, plummeting down and unable to bring myself up to the level of you. How can I expect you to catch up if I fall and you're way up there? Mind reading is an unfair expectation. How could you know when to jump to keep up? Anticipating nothing is impossible.

I smile and I do what's expected of me. I've settled for content but staying content is something I seem to be capable of. I know there's more to it and yet whenever I get close I scare myself back down.

© 2013 Leah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 13, 2013
Last Updated on November 13, 2013
Tags: life, love, growth

Author