Atlantis

Atlantis

A Story by Liarose
"

Another descriptive writing piece I did in class.

"

             Buildings, ancient buildings made of marble, constructed of columns and stained glass domed ceilings rise out of the ground. The marble glimmers as the sun and the surface create incomplete, dancing lines of light. Coral and sponges cling to the walls creating splashes of color the city never had in its prime. Algae and plants of every color take place of what used to be lively grass. The slight ebb and flow of the water makes the loose grass wiggle in a ceremonious dance. Shimmering schools of fish swim by carelessly.

Fish of all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors take refuge in the ancient city. An octopus has made a home inside a small sandy temple; pale toned as it blends in for protection. There’s a silence that fell on the city the day it sunk and it hangs still to this day.

A young boy about fifteen lives in the colony floating just above the underwater city. His blonde hair fans around his face like a lion’s mane. His mouth and nose are covered by his metal gills; pulling oxygen out of the water like the fish below his feet. His green eyes, the same color that tints the city, hide behind glass goggles. The boy swims towards the old city taking comfort in the sensation of the water combing through his hair and in between his fingers and toes. Fish welcome him by snaking around his body or following at his feet like loyal dogs.

As the boy swims though the columns, touching the smooth cool marble, he finds a thought amusing. Human civilization has been, for millennium’s, sought to find this majestic, mysterious place. Now, a little over a thousand years after finding it, the boy is the only visitor the city acquires.

A dead civilization, they call it. The boy thinks differently. This sunken city, white and glowing in the sun, is livelier than he believes it was before the water consumed it. Spectrums of life dance domestically in his vision. The lost city of Atlantis has never been lost of life; it was never lost at all.

© 2012 Liarose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on November 6, 2012
Last Updated on November 12, 2012
Tags: atlantis, fantasy, futuristic, distopia, legend, underwater city

Author

Liarose
Liarose

PA



About
Hi! I'm Liarose and I like to write. I have a deviantart account, but I decided to also add my writing here. I'm a dancer and most of my time is spent dancing, writing and on tumblr. I seriously dont .. more..

Writing
Clue Clue

A Story by Liarose


The Huntress The Huntress

A Story by Liarose


Fleur Fleur

A Chapter by Liarose