Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Edumacation

Edumacation

A Poem by Libby McKeown

Release

a spiral cord

of word and number

wound tight into code--

mode of

the disseminate

the dissegregate

fall of sound

into touch;

forms and lines

into riddles

sublime and

fractured

fortuitous in

jagged smoothness

and the rigid

whole,

soulfully aware

of regret in text

and absence

of the strange

and knowable.

Fathom a question

with a question;

Accept?  Negate?

Derive?  Connive?

Why?

And for what?

and to what?

and to who?

For you

For you

For you

 

© 2010 Libby McKeown


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Before reading this, I wrote my thank you note to you for your review of my thoughts in word form. Here, you have put my thoughts of writing into the context of learning. You are most eloquent with your pen. I really enjoy your jagged smoothness.

Excellent writing, Libby!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It sounds great with just a few words each line and such short verses. Even so, I have to admit this poem confused me because I can't seem to point out what it's all about. But anyways, it still makes a pretty deep poem.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. It would be great to hear this performed - to enjoy getting lost in the rhythm and dynamic twists without having to understand a word.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i immediately thought of the science of alexander graham bell and how far the technology has progressed and all of the consequences of that technology. maybe i missed the point but that's how my brain works, it was a lovely read, i quite enjoyed. keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked this all except for the close. Which was overdone in this instance or lacked something as far as grit or grip.

I can appreciate complex ideas, I can also have them fly way over my head, what I liked about this was that the way you presented it seemed to me to be a marriage of complex and simple so that the matrix unfurled as it went down, and somehow from all of this i found it was soul-food.



Posted 14 Years Ago


I sense here an entrance into "a loved unknown" that spiralled into areas beyound control. The srucutre is indeed spinal in technique. To these pieces I concede for I know here in lies great poet!

regards
vincent

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
7 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2010
Last Updated on April 19, 2010

Author

Libby McKeown
Libby McKeown

mobile, AL



About
How could I ever explain?? A side note: I will read every read request. I can't promise I will review every one. However, don't be an a*s and send me (or anyone) 400 requests! I will unfriend y.. more..

Writing