we're not meant together

we're not meant together

A Story by Lydia...
"

a love story between a human and a....whatever

"

The cold air was biting my cheeks, making them redder and redder. I had to stop breathing it, but I couldn't, I needed air. I had to run faster, there was no time to rest. They were coming, their huge army of brainwashed soldiers was chasing me. And he was among them.

I wish I wasn't like that. Just because of my powers, he had to hunt me down. I just want to be a human, like him. To age properly, to talk, to laugh and to love like humans; but no, I had to be a... I don't even know a what. A hybrid between a phoenix and a mermaid, resulting in a wonderful, yet hideous being. I was raised by a human, so why I'm not counted as one of them?

A faint boom broke the silence. I had two options: unleash my fire wings and flee, and never coming back, or I'd just keep running and eventually the dogs would catch up to me. I looked up at the blank sky, and let the wind pamper me once again. I'm not a human, so I cannot force him to be with me. I'm not an animal, so I can live a life.

I decided to look behind me, at the dark forest.

Oh, come! Oh, come once again and protect me. Oh, rain, make my scent begone. Oh, moon, shine upon them to open their eyes. Oh, forest, hide me behind your leaves and oh, sky, protect him.”

Then the heart-breaking sound broke the silence again. That was the last thing I could do.

© 2015 Lydia...


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015

Author

Lydia...
Lydia...

Iasi, Nord- East, Romania



About
I'm an young, aspirant writer who can do a lot. Writing is my favorite hobby, and I'm not from an English speaking country, so don't mind my bad grammar. I'm trying hard XD more..

Writing
About ghosts About ghosts

A Story by Lydia...