News Report

News Report

A Story by Malychyte
"

Reporters on the scene of a run-away train when all hell breaks loose...

"

 “Reports are in of an out-of-control subway rail car underneath the Manhattan district, tearing at ungodly speeds through the system channels. It has been confirmed to be unmanned, possible passengers aboard, though no communication has been reached to the wild train. The railway company has taken measures to lock the car down into a barren circuit, making sure no other subway trains would be intercepted. But police are still evacuating citizens out from inside the subway systems due to the possible hazard.
We now go live to Keith Kingsley who has made his way down to one of the many stations this menacing train will be passing. Keith, thanks for joining us, are you alright?”

“Thanks Allie. Everything is in panic down here in the tunnels as members of NYPD herd the citizens back up out of the main exit. As you can tell the sirens are a bit blaring as to notify people to begin evacuating. However, it's been backed by sources that the train will be passing through at any moment down here, and so-.”

AAAAHHH!!! My baby!!

“-oh, oh god. S-someone just fell onto the tracks. Steve, Steve! You're still getting this right?!”

“Yeah, yeah but Keith we're still live and....ar-are those headlights? Oh man, the train is already here!”

“R-right, oh god. Uh, sorry folks, we're here witnessing a, uh, possible disaster as it seems a young girl has fallen into the railway. It seems that...is anyone going to...? Um, it seems people are hesitant to jump down and grab her as the train now in...full view...oh god, Steve turn that off, turn that off!”

VVRRROOOMM!!
Someone help her!!
It's coming!!
HEEELLP!!”


THOOOOMM!

Oh, holy shi-! What was that?!
The ceiling's collapsing!!
“Wai-Wait! Who's that?!”

WWHHHAAAMMMM!!!!!
SCCRREEECHH!

“K-Keith? Keith what's happened? Your screen seems to have gone black, we and our viewers are unable to see anything. Keith, can you repond?”

“H-hey...the train, it's stopped!”
“Look! It's Terra Man!”

“*Cough* Steve, are we...? Oh! Yes, Allie we're here and we, uh...holy cow...”
“Hey, Keith. Back at the camera, man.”
“Oh, right! Sorry Allie, we-we were just witnessing the train, entering at high speeds, and it appeared a young girl had fallen upon the tracks. Suddenly, the ceiling caved in and the train was quickly halted by none other than...T-Terra Man! There he is now! Steve, zoom in over there! He's just coming out of the wreckage, folks. And it seems there's the small girl in his arms. Oh crap, he's about to say something-!”

RRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! ….............
You...IDIOTS!!!! Fools! You ignorant PEOPLE! Pathetic...you sitting there, idly watching as another victim can be harmed and you do NOTHING! You stand there, in hopes that some miracle can swoop in and protect everything you can't solve! It's not that simple!! You have to act, you have to DO something! I...
I can't do everything. Yeah...that's not something you want to hear from a hero. But I can't. I'm exhausted from trying to meet your expectations, and it's never good enough for you! Whether I miss that oil spill, or overpower that leaning building, there's always something wrong that you find in me. And now!
..Now...*sniff*...I couldn't save her. If only I'd been here sooner, if only I had defeated The Jester at his games faster...I could have saved her....I could have stopped this.
…But I couldn't. I can't ALWAYS be there! I can't do it, I can't do this! It's not my fault!! It's not...I'm done.
Heh...heheh...I'm done. I, am done being your dog. I am done grovelling for your approval! I'm sick of all the slander, the hate, the bloodshed! I'm done protecting that which utterly destroys itself! This world is no longer on my hands. You sick fiends can squirm and fall to your own crudity.
This girl deserved better.”

“....W-well listeners, I don't-.”
“Stop. There's no one watching, Allie.”
“What?”
“There isn't a single viewer still watching. They had all turned their tv's off or changed channels by the time he spoke. They only wanted to see him save the girl. People don't want to hear the truth behind him...”


© 2014 Malychyte


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is good. Very different.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Malychyte

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
1 Review
Added on November 12, 2013
Last Updated on February 1, 2014
Tags: Superhero, thinking, understanding, struggle

Author

Malychyte
Malychyte

Kalamazoo, MI



About
Hi! I'm a 25 yr old aspiring writer, trying to run away from my strenuous day-job and the thought of writing just excites me! I normally follow a formula of having tons of characters so you can atleas.. more..

Writing
Eyes Eyes

A Poem by Malychyte


Storm Storm

A Story by Malychyte